Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - South San Francisco, CA (LIVE, 20 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m thinking the Buena Park error was a one time thing, as Tesla is usually precise as to when a Supercharger goes online. I think we should add it then wait.
CBDD5AE4-ECED-4755-BACE-079F0137A4A6.jpeg

There is a gate, I don't know what the process is, though.

The entrance closest to the chargers is actually the exit gate of a one-way parking lot, so you are supposed to go all the way around to reach them. But when I was there the gate was up, so I just went in the wrong way.

It might only be closed at night. Or might be open because of the hotel construction going on.

B020BC6F-FDBA-4DFC-8553-6A6704DE05F9.jpeg
What’s the price per KWh ?
Not sure sorry, I have an X.

I was able to charge today. The exit gate was open so I went in that way but didn’t realize it was an exit gate til I went past it. The gate on the left front of the property was closed but there is another gate at the left REAR of the hotel that was wide open. Not sure how this would work normally, just glad I was able to charge! Only 1 other Tesla when I was there. Though some ICE vehicles blocking a few spots.

great weather today!

Last edited:
Was riding by on a Caltrain and saw what looked to be a Supercharger station under construction. Excuse the pictures not being very good--I had about 30 seconds from waking up to recognizing it as a Supercharger to taking pictures, before the train pulled away. Note that this is on the west side of the train tracks, and seems to be a part of a new Caltrain station parking lot.

One pic shows transformer, the other the telltale boxes from ABB -- Asea Brown Boveri -- the Swiss-Swedish heavy industry conglomerate.View attachment 437019 View attachment 437023
was ridding too by on Caltrain...

Maintained 68kW until tapering after 80% charged
Arrived midday with 79mi left, no preconditioning since it was not on the SC map
Appears to be no charge for charging for now.
Gate is open as others mentioned but possibly due to construction vehicles in/out
5 spaces ICEd — probably construction crews. 15 were open

Charged here on my way home the other day with no issues, quite a few ICE vehicles blocking stalls, luckily not too busy when I was there. Great to have another local option.

Saw the gate as well, was open when I arrived, unsure if they actually close the gate. If they do, unsure of time.