Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - South San Francisco, CA (LIVE, 20 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I contacted the city of SSF to find out the status of the SSF Supercharger since the map shows a 2018 ETA. Here is the current status:

“At this time, we don’t have [a permit] The rep from Tesla contacted our Building Division and they are having a meeting with them on October 11th to discuss their plans for bringing the chargers and infrastructure to South San Francisco.”

I think this Supercharger would be placed on South Airport Blvd, possibly by Costco. Any other potential locations?

Permit found:

upload_2019-3-19_10-0-38.png

Permit can be looked at in detail here: eTRAKiT

The address is 250 Gateway Boulevard, which is the address of Embassy Suites off of 101.

upload_2019-3-19_10-8-36.png

Last edited:
I drove by recently. The Embassy Suites parking lot is gated and mostly inaccessible but it looks like the new construction Home 2 Suites (another Hilton property) north of the Hampton Inn has solar covered parking areas being constructed which hints that that's the supercharger site actually. I'll try to go by on foot soon.

-Gene

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
Was riding by on a Caltrain and saw what looked to be a Supercharger station under construction. Excuse the pictures not being very good--I had about 30 seconds from waking up to recognizing it as a Supercharger to taking pictures, before the train pulled away. Note that this is on the west side of the train tracks, and seems to be a part of a new Caltrain station parking lot.

One pic shows transformer, the other the telltale boxes from ABB -- Asea Brown Boveri -- the Swiss-Swedish heavy industry conglomerate.
IMG_0220.png
IMG_0217.png

• Love
Reactions: DWdrum
Was riding by on a Caltrain and saw what looked to be a Supercharger station under construction. Excuse the pictures not being very good--I had about 30 seconds from waking up to recognizing it as a Supercharger to taking pictures, before the train pulled away. Note that this is on the west side of the train tracks, and seems to be a part of a new Caltrain station parking lot.

One pic shows transformer, the other the telltale boxes from ABB -- Asea Brown Boveri -- the Swiss-Swedish heavy industry conglomerate.View attachment 437019 View attachment 437023

Something to consider is that Caltrain is currently working on electrifying their trains.

• Informative
Reactions: RubberToe and Ulmo
Something to consider is that Caltrain is currently working on electrifying their trains.

True, I may be wrong, but alongside the transformer were clearly a long row of concrete bases with conduits, spaced about the width of parking spaces, in pairs. The pic shows the first two pairs.

Having them at the station is a nice feature. Imagine is they have valet service there--drive up and park, leave key with valet, take train & come back with fully charged Tesla.

True, I may be wrong, but alongside the transformer were clearly a long row of concrete bases with conduits, spaced about the width of parking spaces, in pairs. The pic shows the first two pairs.

This thread is about a Supercharger location in South San Francisco, where a location is already known. I don't think that site (see post #2) is adjacent to a Caltrain station. Which station were you at? I'm also not sure that Supercharger pedestal bases are circular, as in your first photo.

Bruce.

One pic shows transformer, the other the telltale boxes from ABB -- Asea Brown Boveri -- the Swiss-Swedish heavy industry conglomerate.
Tesla doesn't use ABB equipment at their superchargers.

Reactions: Ulmo
I drove by the combined Embassy Suites/Hampton site at 250 Gateway this morning (8/15/19) and there are no signs of activity on this yet. I also snooped around the Home 2 Suites and my suspicion looks wrong about it being there. Home 2 Suites does have a pretty epic set of Tesla destination chargers and other level 2 chargers in their lot.

-Gene

Update: Now under construction! (actually since early-ish September)

The South SF permitting portal is showing that the permit for this build has had a bunch of inspections already for the underground work. So, digging has already happened. Hopefully someone local will be able to swing by and finally pinpoint exactly where on the property the chargers are going and take some pics for us.

Supercharger- South San Francisco, CA_Inspections.JPG

@BlueShift @Chuq @MarcoRP