Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - South Surrey, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PXL_20211219_184833922.jpg
PXL_20211219_184843957.jpg
PXL_20211219_184825727.jpg

Drove by (on 152 side, not into the mall) on my way to pick up Nandos for lunch and it looks fairly complete, at least from the road. I didn't see anyone working on anything. There's 3 of the big white transformer cabinets; if memory serves, each can server 4 v3 chargers so that makes sense. I guess now it's mostly a waiting game for BC Hydro to do their thing?

Oddly, on the "Find Us" Tesla page, I no longer see the South Surrey location. I wanted to see if the ETA date had changed at all, but I no longer see the grey "coming soon" pin. I can see the Delta one, and the second Richmond one, but not the one over here in South Surrey. Weird?

Drove by (on 152 side, not into the mall) on my way to pick up Nandos for lunch and it looks fairly complete, at least from the road. I didn't see anyone working on anything. There's 3 of the big white transformer cabinets; if memory serves, each can server 4 v3 chargers so that makes sense. I guess now it's mostly a waiting game for BC Hydro to do their thing?

Oddly, on the "Find Us" Tesla page, I no longer see the South Surrey location. I wanted to see if the ETA date had changed at all, but I no longer see the grey "coming soon" pin. I can see the Delta one, and the second Richmond one, but not the one over here in South Surrey. Weird?
About the "Find Us" map, I see that the Coming Soon location in North Surrey is still on the map (even though the Guildford Village location is now live). Likely Tesla removed the wrong Coming Soon location from their map.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
@joshuajag that is very good news!

Does anyone know how long it typically takes from this point until they are active? I think it's a matter of waiting on BC Hydro to do their thing, right?

Likely to be within a month. It's a matter of city inspections, BC Hydro to install a meter, then getting Tesla guys in to do the final steps. Considering the season we're in, it could be within 1-4 weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
What is the address of this location? I just saw this tweet from @TeslaCharging. They have had wrong pictures in the past (eg Jasper AB) so I wanted to confirm that this is the location discussed in this thread and not another one that I missed.

They are talking about the new NORTH Surrey location, at Guildford Village mall.

The SOUTH Surrey location is at Soithpoint Exchange shopping centre Southpoint Exchange Shopping Centre - Google Search but not online quite yet.

Thanks @srlawren for confirming the location.

@YEG EV no worries! It's a little confusing because there's been ONE Supercharger for all of Surrey (a very large suburb of Vancouver) for several years now, an urban SC at Guildford Town Centre mall, but over the past several weeks Tesla has been building two new ones: the Guildford Village one in the tweet you posted, which recently came online and is near the urban SC but V3 and closer to the trans-Canada, as well as one closer to White Rock at the other end of Surrey, at Southpoint Exchange, which appears to be built but not yet online.