Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - South Toms River, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since there has not been any activity on this thread, I'll post an update or lack there of. As of last week and I'm sure as of today, nothing has changed. I wonder if the chargers are on back order or waiting for the updated chargers....? If this is anything like the Rockaway Township chargers, even if everything is done, it still took an additional 2 months to get inspected and turned on.
There are about 35 locations in the US & Canada that have been waiting for pedestals for completion for several months. Pedestals finally arrived yesterday at Quispamsis (St Johns), NB, so hopefully they'll start showing up in other places too. Worth doing some regular checking:

Supercharger - Saint John, NB

The other locations which have been waiting are:

Dublin - Dublin Blvd, CA
Menifee, CA
Morgan Hill, CA
Napa - Premium Outlets, CA
Tahoe City, CA
Williams, CA
Fairfield - Northbound, CT
Fairfield - Southbound, CT
Lithonia, GA
Orleans, MA
Frederick, MD
Medway, ME
Portland, ME
Swartz Creek, MI
Cary, NC
Smithfield, NC
Boonton, NJ
Deptford, NJ
Toms River, NJ
Middletown, NY
Oneonta, NY
Staten Island, NY
Burleson, TX
Giddings, TX
Henrietta, TX
Lynchburg, VA
Madison, VA
Newport News, VA
Salem, VA
Auburn, WA
Blaine, WA
Quispamsis, NB
Salisbury, NB
Woodstock, NB
Terrebonne, QC

Since there has not been any activity on this thread, I'll post an update or lack there of. As of last week and I'm sure as of today, nothing has changed. I wonder if the chargers are on back order or waiting for the updated chargers....? If this is anything like the Rockaway Township chargers, even if everything is done, it still took an additional 2 months to get inspected and turned on.
Bummer was really hoping this would be up by now.

3FFE0470-FD48-429E-A0F1-7E91383D51B5.jpeg

I can also confirm that the electric metering equipment is in place. When I tried to charge however the car remained on “ready to charge.”

I’m in Berkeley Township . Let’s just say the town FREAKED when I filed permits for a Tesla wall connector. They thought it was a “public charging station” and I wasn’t zoned properly. Thankfully I got it sorted out and everything went smooth with the installation.

I’m in Berkeley Township . Let’s just say the town FREAKED when I filed permits for a Tesla wall connector. They thought it was a “public charging station” and I wasn’t zoned properly. Thankfully I got it sorted out and everything went smooth with the installation.

Interesting.... I hired an electrician to install a Nema 14-50 wall outlet in my garage next to my breaker panel. I guess I probably should have gotten a permit but I didn't. Oh well.

Thursday the 17th around 5:30pm I noticed the back of all of the superchargers were open and someone was working on them. I just got back from there and they are up and running! There is also an Ocean County Tesla FB page if anyone is interested.
Did you or someone else actually plug in and charge? Or do you just mean that the TESLA lights on the pedestals are lit up?

I stopped by Toms River today. For people who don't know the area (like me), this exit might be a bit tricky if following the Tesla Nav from the GSP southbound, or maybe I was just not interpreting the instructions correctly. I navigated to 379 Dover Rd. I thought I was supposed to keep to the right on the exit ramp, but if you do so you end up on a ramp to Dover Rd and by the time you realize this is wrong it's too late. (The red line is what I did). I ended up having to continue on Dover Rd for a while until I could do a U turn. Instead you need to keep to the left on the exit ramp and then take a right onto Double Trouble Rd.
Toms River exit.JPG

Just reviving this thread to say there may or may not be another Supercharger planned at the Target in Toms River.

Was leaving through some articles on Google when I came upon one about the Freehold Supercharger. In the article (text below), it says that there is an electric vehicle charging station planned at a Target in Toms River. The enumeration of chargers in the area only includes Tesla chargers, so I’m sort of convinced the Target may be the future location for another Supercharger. Still, I’m divided on whether or not this is a Supercharger. Could anyone help clear things up?

Article: Wawa, Tesla team up for Howell charging station

According to the map, there is already another Tesla charging station in Monmouth County, at the Jersey Shore Premium Outlets in Tinton Falls. There are three charging stations in Ocean County — in Brick at 2746 Hooper Ave., at 212 Centre St. in Beach Haven and at anotherr Wawa at 945 West Bay Ave. in Barnegat. A fourth Ocean County station is planned for a Target location in Toms River.

Reactions: GreenMachina