Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Southampton, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    309 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    282.2 KB · Views: 110
More progress today at the Southampton Supercharger...Workmen were working on the charging stations and the transformer/generator, and said it would be finished "in a few weeks."

IMG_9541.JPG

Tesla-branded exterior sleeves going on...

IMG_9543.JPG

More progress on the transformer/generator area.

I still don't see a transformer on site. What is being called a transformer are the actual Supercharger power supplies, big rectifier units to provide the DC juice. Until the utility delivers and hooks up the transformer the SC cannot be energized.

"More progress today at the Southampton Supercharger..."

Great pictures, Austin! Really excited about this, hopefully no more tripping circuit breakers at in-law's home in EH, or begging at your door - do you think this will really be ready by Memorial Day, or July 4th weekend?

This joy assumes the new S/C functions properly, of course, which is not always the case - on my July 2014 drive from Bethesda, the S/C at JFK was stuck at 80 miles per charge hour, and Syosset was cutting off intermittently.

PS traded in my Signature #183 for a new 90D three months ago - wow, so much smoother and faster, and safer using auto-drive! Will hopefully see you this July, and thanks also to the other good people there who lobbied to make this new S/C happen.

Reactions: HollywoodNY
This is a great spot for the Hamptons, but not if you are heading out to the North Fork for the day. I wonder if they are ever going to put one up there? Riverhead would have been ideal, with a place to charge going to either fork.
When I first saw an Eastern LI pin on Tesla's SC map, I thought for sure it was the Tesla Science Center at Warden Cliff. Elon has stated publicly that a SC was to be installed there and the Science Center stated it would be in 2016.