Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Southington, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
Tesla is proposing a new supercharger installation at the Target in Southington, CT with an address of 600 Executive Blvd, Southington, CT. Permit application ZP-21-18327 reveals the following:

Proposed installation of twelve(12) Tesla Super Charging Posts, two(2) Charpoint Posts and associated control equipment and electrical transformer. The charging stations will utilize existing parking stalls located in the north east corner of the Target parking lot.

This is a Q322 location on Tesla's coming soon map.

@tes-s @MarcoRP @corywright

I like that they're including the Chargepoint spots. I assume these are also free to use. Obviously it's good for all the non-Teslas, and good advertising for Tesla to lure those EV owners to see the Superchargers and how fast and easy they are. But it's also good for Tesla owners. I could see getting a quick 10 to 15 minute Supercharger session, then moving to the Chargepoint while you go inside to do an hour or more of shopping. Avoid hassle of idle fees while keeping the car charging and possibly running HVAC so when you return the car is comfy.

Yes, sounds much like Stoughton MA

I was there yesterday. There's a small excavator in the fenced in area and a few supplies, but no construction has started yet. Also looked like the CBYD markings were done, so that likely means digging will begin soon since those are only valid for so long.
With the fencing up and an excavator there (Monday?) it wouldn't surprise me if they were getting ready to start this week after the holiday (ie. it might now be underway). Of course, sometimes the contractors stage equipment at their next job so it's just there ready to go....

Reactions: kayak1
Looks like trenching done and conduit for cabling is in place. Tesla equipment is on site.

IMG_3490.jpeg
IMG_3487.jpeg