Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Southlake, Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I persinally don't think it brings Whole Foods any significant business. But my bigger observation, and I'm reminded every visit, is that people are cheap and self centered :rolleyes:
ah, I see. Well, if you live in or around the Southlake area, you know it's one busy town with constant traffic. Central Market wouldn't be installing them for business, they would and should be installing them for the clientele. People will continue to shop there, but once the Model 3 hits, that area will go crazy for them. It would be in Central Market's best interest to at least have some Destination Chargers from Tesla there.....

Reactions: larmor
Southlake has released the agenda for the City Council meeting on Tuesday, February 7. It's a short agenda, but we are on towards the end (again).

If you're going to join us, I'd suggest arriving at the Council Chamber by 6:45 and fill out a blue card indicating your support (or opposition) to the zoning change that would allow a Tesla Gallery, as well as the Specific Use Permit for the six Tesla charging spaces.

You may also indicate if you wish to speak and you can change your mind later based on how the discussion goes.

If you can't join us, you can write the Mayor and City Council and let them know your thoughts. Mayor Hill will read them during the pubic hearing. [email protected]

If you'd like to see the entire Staff presentation, it's towards the end of this document: https://www.cityofsouthlake.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/02072017-190

And of course, The Gingerman calls us afterwards...

fullsizeoutput_4035.jpeg

Tesla has applied to install a ten pedestal Supercharger at Southlake Town Square. This installation requires a Specific Use Permit. The hearing schedule is as follows:

Planning & Zoning: Thursday, August 17, 2017

If all goes well, it goes to City Council on Tuesday, September 5, 2017.

Again, if all goes well, there will be a second City Council hearing on Tuesday, September 19, 2017, at which point a vote will be held.

The City Council has been consistently in favor of electric car charging and I expect they will also support this application. They are an inquisitive group, though, so I expect much discussion from them at the public hearings.

This is a great site ....

Not sure if that location really helps long distance travel. It is not on the path of connecting Dallas to any other major city/destination. Anywhere on I35W near Forth Worth is a good choice.

But there is one thing going for this location - excellent choice for food.

Not sure if that location really helps long distance travel. It is not on the path of connecting Dallas to any other major city/destination. Anywhere on I35W near Forth Worth is a good choice.

But there is one thing going for this location - excellent choice for food.

Being able to take SH 114 to US 287 via Wichita Falls & Childress to Amarillo and beyond on I-40 lops 2 1/2 hours off the trip through OKC. It's also the route Google Maps recommends between the Southeast and Denver, Albuquerque and points in Northern California, so I'd say a NE Tarrant County has some utility for long distance travel.

Since it would be the first North Texas Supercharger with Hotel, Shopping, Restaurant, Grocery and etc., I think it will be quite popular with people who don't have charging at home who would come once or twice a week, and long-distance travelers who don't want to stay at a Holiday Inn Express or eat at a Collin Street Bakery or Denny's.

This is a great site, and will be a win-win for the businesses there. Parking can be hard there, but i suspect the SCs sites won't have a chance to get ICE'd with tesla's popularity...
The spaces in question are almost always empty. I'd expect potential problems only during Art in the Square (April), Independence Day Fireworks and Oktoberfest. These events tend to fill the parking lots.

Being able to take SH 114 to US 287 via Wichita Falls & Childress to Amarillo and beyond on I-40 lops 2 1/2 hours off the trip through OKC. It's also the route Google Maps recommends between the Southeast and Denver, Albuquerque and points in Northern California, so I'd say a NE Tarrant County has some utility for long distance travel.
This emphasizes the need for the Wichita Falls supercharger. What's happened with that? When Childress opened I assumed Wichita Falls wouldn't be far behind-- otherwise Childress is kind of orphaned out there as it's too far from DFW area (uphill and against the wind) for all but perhaps the largest batteries. Are there nefarious forces at play in Wichita Falls as we've suspected with the long delay in Ft. Stockton?

This emphasizes the need for the Wichita Falls supercharger. What's happened with that? When Childress opened I assumed Wichita Falls wouldn't be far behind-- otherwise Childress is kind of orphaned out there as it's too far from DFW area (uphill and against the wind) for all but perhaps the largest batteries. Are there nefarious forces at play in Wichita Falls as we've suspected with the long delay in Ft. Stockton?
I expect the issues at Wichita Falls are different than Ft. Stockton, if only because WF is a much larger city. Plus there are other potential locations, like Vernon, just a few miles up the road. My opinion is that the favored locations weren't interested and nobody has had time to resurvey the town.

Reactions: TSchaefer

Since it would be the first North Texas Supercharger with Hotel, Shopping, Restaurant, Grocery and etc., I think it will be quite popular with people who don't have charging at home who would come once or twice a week, and long-distance travelers who don't want to stay at a Holiday Inn Express or eat at a Collin Street Bakery or Denny's.

Well.. Denton SC exactly fills the void for the travel you mention to Wichita falls and beyond. And Denton location also has great eating places and shopping. I am for as many SCs as we can get, but this one is not filling any specific long distance void. Just adds to the count.

Regarding folks with no garages, while that is true anywhere, Southlake and near by areas are one of those suburbs where 3 car garages are the norm.

Well.. Denton SC exactly fills the void for the travel you mention to Wichita falls and beyond. And Denton location also has great eating places and shopping. I am for as many SCs as we can get, but this one is not filling any specific long distance void. Just adds to the count..
Denton to Childress is 210 miles. It most certainly does not fill the void of the long-planned Wichita Falls supercharger. Heading west that's 210 miles uphill and often against a strong wind.