Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Southlake, Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Gingerman is more than 500m? Who knew?

44m too far. But I'd vote to include it just because it's... the Gingerman!

Stop at Trader Joe's is (479m) on the way to The Gingerman - maybe that could count since it has stuff to eat. A Which Wich is next to The Gingerman, but lots of better options abound. Better to stop at Milwaukee Joe's Gourmet Ice Cream (pretty sure this is still open, haven't been in a while), only 350m from the Supercharger - yum.

The Cheesecake Factory and the Harkins (also has eats) are about 10m outside the arbitrary 500m. Just next door to the Snuffers and B&N/Brio.

If you want to go crazy and walk another 170m outside the "circle", you get half a dozen more restaurants (Chuy's, Salata, iL Calabrese, Lo Lo, I forget what else). SPIN Pizza and Pei Wei about the same distance to the east (past The Gingerman).

And somehow, Thailicious missed the list and it's only 100m from the Supercharger. And it's good too!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: vrykolas and bollar
According to Tesla Model S owner and Southlake resident Rick Bollar, there are several reasons for owning a Tesla—conservation and energy security, air quality, not being dependent on gas fuel, and performance (without engine noise)—all included with a 250-mile range.

“This range lets us do anything we want in the metroplex without considering ‘range anxiety.’ I often drive from Southlake to Dallas to Fort Worth to Southlake, and still have enough charge left to do the same drive a second time,” stated Bollar.

After acquiring his second Model S in Seattle, Bollar even turned the experience into a cross-country vacation through western Canada and the United States, making use of Tesla’s network of Superchargers, before returning to Texas.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlS and bollar
Seems factual.

Leesa's Awesome Canadian Road Trip.jpeg

In a 60 no less!

Do we know why the chargers behind the store have been removed, just a month or two after installation? This pic was from a week ago, so things might have progressed since, but it seems odd that they would have been torn out so quickly.
The cars parked in the spots intruded into the fire lane, so the chargers have to be moved back closer to the store.

Potty first. Everything else can wait.

This probably should be standard equipment at every operational supercharger too. Unlike gas stations, some superchargers are rather sparse on the amenities, especially "after hours". Southlake will be no exception after hours. My spouse would rather die, but I'd have no issues is this were sop. Having a portolet will probably be healthier for the bushes too.

Reactions: bollar