Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Southlake, Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In any event, Southlake has an electric vehicle ordinance that covers this and I'll be at the City Council meeting on the 17th to make the pitch.

It is a good location exiting the metroplex and topping-off point for a few extra comfort electrons on westbound/northbound travel entering the supercharger network. And a good location for out-of-towners needing a range boost when visiting the metroplex - you can find a lot of things to do at this location while charging.

I hope they find a way to make charging available for travelers, unlike Northpark, and get some higher power on the hpwc. Would be extra good if they put some DC charging there but that's really wishful thinking.

What we need now is an additional service center. The one near Love Field airport is very hard to reach during week days.

There is a sizable number of Teslas in northern Plano, Frisco area (probably I guess the highest concentration of Teslas in the DFW metroplex). They need to open one near the 121 corridor before M3 hits the market.

I was in the Cedar Springs service center last Friday and Saturday. It was very quiet with little activity - which I think is a very good thing. There was one X on display on Friday which was missing the next day - apparently sold ! There was no X even to look at and sit inside. There were 3 white X waiting for customer delivery.

Contrast that to 6 months ago, there were a dozen X waiting for some service work or other to be done. Didn't see a single X now for any service work. Proof that problems have come down quite a bit in the last few months.

What we need now is an additional service center. The one near Love Field airport is very hard to reach during week days.

There is a sizable number of Teslas in northern Plano, Frisco area (probably I guess the highest concentration of Teslas in the DFW metroplex). They need to open one near the 121 corridor before M3 hits the market.
According to NCTCOG, the numbers are comparable to those in NE Tarrant County. A service center located in Lewisville would be equally inconvenient for all of us. Until then, service centers in Houston are somewhat more convenient for me than Cedar Springs. ;)

The Southlake City Council votes 6-0 at the first reading to move forward a zoning change and specific use permit that would potentially allow Tesla to operate a Gallery and six charging spaces across from the Apple Store. Second Reading and Public Hearing on February 7. Come join us! It will be a party.

We enjoyed a great conversation and you can enjoy it too! All 51 minutes of it here as item 7C: January 17, 2017 City Council - Southlake, TX

Local guys should get a charging station at central market grocery store (across the street from the town square). This is a win win, charge up, get groceries. Talk to central market grocery store, since almost every grocery trip ends up in more groceries than you need-- ie the costco effect to a lesser extent...

The Southlake City Council votes 6-0 at the first reading to move forward a zoning change and specific use permit that would potentially allow Tesla to operate a Gallery and six charging spaces across from the Apple Store. Second Reading and Public Hearing on February 7. Come join us! It will be a party.

We enjoyed a great conversation and you can enjoy it too! All 51 minutes of it here as item 7C: January 17, 2017 City Council - Southlake, TX
awesome! Thanks for going and for sharing the updated info. I might try to come to the next one....

Reactions: bollar
Of course, but if i owned Central Market and wanted to get customers buy over priced groceries, and spend at least 30 minutes to one hour shopping and then eating there, and if it costs me $5 per customer, i would eat that cost to get customers to eat at my high end grocery store...
This is true....down on Highway 26 where the latest Whole Foods is, they put in chargers....now, I think they are low level ones, but chargers none the less. So, with this being Southlake, I think Central Market could afford it.

Reactions: larmor
This is true....down on Highway 26 where the latest Whole Foods is, they put in chargers....now, I think they are low level ones, but chargers none the less. So, with this being Southlake, I think Central Market could afford it.

The Whole Foods by my house has L2 charging. My typical observation -

- occasional leaf charging.

- frequent same model S charging. Often with driver sitting in car. Is that part of their affordability plan?

- various model S parking, not plugged in.

There are two Blink L2 chargers in a Kroger lot near by. I have never seen an EV charge even once. I don't see why anyone would plug in there anyway, when they plug in at home overnight. What you get around 15 miles an hour? Big deal.

L2 opportunity chargers are a waste, but great as a destination charger.

L3 is of course beneficial all the time.

I persinally don't think it brings Whole Foods any significant business. But my bigger observation, and I'm reminded every visit, is that people are cheap and self centered :rolleyes:
I havent studied behavioral economics, but i'm fairly certain that by nature alot of people are penny pinchers, and will go the extra mile for cheap gas, double coupons, etc, yet still have high end large expenditures. An L2 or L3 charger is cute, a SC would really drive business. I'm surprised the people at the outlets at Tejon ranch have not figured this out-- put their own SC their, and capture customers for an unplanned/planned shopping trip while charging.