Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We really do just need Yakima now! This frenzy in Washington state has me excited but also worried that once the surge is done they won’t focus back on Washington for a year or something. Anyone know the Tesla guy in charge or this region? ;)

Amen to that. Yakima makes Rainier completely doable. I even did Leavenworth up through the north cascades over to Burlington. I think we have most of the state covered from most everywhere else. Maybe up in the northeast corner.

Amen to that. Yakima makes Rainier completely doable. I even did Leavenworth up through the north cascades over to Burlington. I think we have most of the state covered from most everywhere else. Maybe up in the northeast corner.
Yakima would be *huge* when east bound towards Tri-Cities or beyond. When we leave the Maple Valley area Cle Elum is almost too close to really get an efficient charge (time vs return), and Ellensburg can be risky, though we have tended to luck out. Yakima would be so nice to have. Like you say above as well, it would make Hwy 12 / 410 stress free also.

Reactions: lnsh
Yes, please! (this + Yakima would alleviate any anxieties I have about typical travel to the west side)

I'm actually in the opposite boat, and I'm southeast WA too. I think the range of my SR+ allows me to get pretty deep into a trip over to the east side and then charge in the Dalles or Ellensberg/Cle Elum with good speed since I'm at a low SOC. However, heading BACK home to the east side I would need like 85%+ charge in the Dalles to make it home, which means like a 40 minute stop since it's only ~85 miles from Portland. That means I'm hitting the charger at the slow point of charge, like 55% SOC. I'll probably get 70kW down to 30kW or so for the whole 30 to 40% that I need.

Same with Cle Elum or Ellensberg. Ellensberg is just over 100 miles. Thankfully it's only 100 miles then down to the Tri Cities area so even at 50% SOC I just need probably 70% to feel safe to continue... maybe 20 minutes. I could push it to Yakima though and cruise in at like 20 to 25% SOC. With 77 more miles to go I probably could just do like a 10 minute charge and be fine.

@acarney -- admittedly, I'm commenting on 100% speculation. I'm a pre-order Model Y. I've been spending time with abetterrouteplanner.com to drive my speculation. I'm in in Walla Walla, it seems The Dalles/Walla Walla is quite a stretch in either direction. Pendleton is out of the way (and very early in the trip), but seemingly necessary for a Portland trip when the weather is less than ideal. At least Kennewick is on the way to Ellensburg/Cle Elum for a Seattle trip. Yakima would give the option of a route over 410 in the non-winter months.

@acarney -- admittedly, I'm commenting on 100% speculation. I'm a pre-order Model Y. I've been spending time with abetterrouteplanner.com to drive my speculation. I'm in in Walla Walla, it seems The Dalles/Walla Walla is quite a stretch in either direction. Pendleton is out of the way (and very early in the trip), but seemingly necessary for a Portland trip when the weather is less than ideal. At least Kennewick is on the way to Ellensburg/Cle Elum for a Seattle trip. Yakima would give the option of a route over 410 in the non-winter months.

Ah, ok. Ya, Walla Walla is a bit out there. I didn’t realize that Kennewick wasn’t on the way down to the Dalles or Portland... though again you would be at what, like 80% charge by the time you hit Kennewick and basically need pretty much a full charge...

Starting in Stevenson (40 mi west of Dalles) with a 100% charge we drove to Kennewick in a LR Model 3 in mid September. This was in the rain and into the wind, though we went on the WA side so about 5 - 10mph slower than I-84. We had a lot of high speed passing required due to trucks with the harvest which ate a lot of juice as well as simply having some *very* high speed fun. We rolled into Kennewick with about a 25% charge so leaving there at 80% would be just fine IMO for getting to Dalles.

Assuming there are not significant range differences between the LR Y and LR 3 if you charge 100% you'd likely be ok getting from Walla Walla to the Dalles in not-super cold weather. I suspect as long as you didn't screw around to much and checked the forecast you'd be fine in most situations. We saw 12-15% battery usage for trips from Walla Walla to Kennewick and back in the mid 70's.

Recon Update 2019-11-04

Attachments

• IMG_20191104_131206553.jpg
    IMG_20191104_131206553.jpg
    743.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20191104_131220571_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20191104_131220571_HDR.jpg
    1,018 KB · Views: 120
I wonder if we'll see this finished before the end of the year or if it'll turn into another 6 month wait before a final rush to complete it....
There's traditionally been a huge rush of Supercharger completions at the end of the calendar year (and barfing into early January). Presumably to maximize total-year install numbers? So I would be surprised if this one isn't completed within 2 months of today...

• Funny
Reactions: PLUS EV
I wonder if we'll see this finished before the end of the year or if it'll turn into another 6 month wait before a final rush to complete it....
Tesla is still working on expanding their production line for V3 hardware. All the produced hardware for the past little while has been going north of the border to finish the TransCanada Highway sites. But all of those locations have their equipment now (there may be 1 or two still left). So we should see the gear start flowing now to the US locations that are waiting for it. But there's a bunch of them waiting, so it's anyone's guess on the order in which sites will get the gear.

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian and IdaX
Tesla is still working on expanding their production line for V3 hardware. All the produced hardware for the past little while has been going north of the border to finish the TransCanada Highway sites. But all of those locations have their equipment now (there may be 1 or two still left). So we should see the gear start flowing now to the US locations that are waiting for it. But there's a bunch of them waiting, so it's anyone's guess on the order in which sites will get the gear.

I guess Tesla is still very "small" in this aspect... especially since the wall chargers seem to constantly go out of stock too. I just picture like hundreds of these being able to be made each day... but it must be much less than that :p

Taken today (November 25, 2019)

Looks like still a ways to go. I could REALLY use this over the month of December.

North Bend just got pedestals (but I don't think has the transformer hardware yet), so it'll be curious to see how much of a lag Spokane has on getting them...

Are you coming from a direction where you can use the Ritzville location? If so, please post an update as often as you can in the Ritzville post... it sounds like that location is getting flagged by Tesla a lot for reduced service, but often seems to be working fine when owners report in...