Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ECFB57A4-C9CA-4C5B-BE37-47DAED97310D.jpeg

Nice! Now maybe they can get out and fix/update the Ritzville location. If they wanna really be nice to us they would give us an 8 stall V3 location, but I would also be happy if they just doubled the amount of V2 stalls there right now and worked with whoever to shore up the power situation so it didn’t go into reduced service as often!

(And still waiting for Yakima! Very curious if the end of the year will mark a slow down in WA locations, or stop of new locations, and a shift to OR. OR hasn’t seen any new ones this year I don’t think and certainly could use a few, Boardman, Hood River, Burns...)

Nice! Now maybe they can get out and fix/update the Ritzville location. If they wanna really be nice to us they would give us an 8 stall V3 location, but I would also be happy if they just doubled the amount of V2 stalls there right now and worked with whoever to shore up the power situation so it didn’t go into reduced service as often!

(And still waiting for Yakima! Very curious if the end of the year will mark a slow down in WA locations, or stop of new locations, and a shift to OR. OR hasn’t seen any new ones this year I don’t think and certainly could use a few, Boardman, Hood River, Burns...)
Yeah OR needs some more love. I would like to see Roseburg get done considering its on the way to all the high concentration of Tesla’s in CA.

55 degrees is not a nice warm battery. It likes it to be at 50 degrees Celsius for fastest charging. (Or 122 degrees Fahrenheit.)
My car was garaged at 55 degrees Fahrenheit, driven for 50-60 minutes down to 16%. Power limit showed up at 27%, as the battery got low. About 5 miles from the charger, preconditioning started. It’s safe to say my car and battery had every opportunity to warm itself for supercharging, and did. I’m just offering a data point. Either my car is unable to charge above 170KW due to charging equipment failure/battery health (very highly unlikely), the battery wasn’t properly preconditioned (unlikely for the reasons above), or these chargers are not yet capable of delivering above V2 speeds at 25% or higher. The other post of a Model 3 charging showed 208KW below 20%. My car ramped from 100KW to 170KW while charging from 16% to 20%. At 20% the charge rate dropped off. At around 23% it was below V2 speeds. I am only one data point. Someone should arrive with around 10%, and see if the charger ramps up above 208KW, and see how fast it drops to V2 speeds. I was at the stall closest to the cabinets.

My experience yesterday with our AWD Model 3 was roughly similar. The car started preconditioning the battery as we were going through Spokane. We hit the charger with SOC at 24%. The TeslaMate data shows the power ramped up to 173kW at 26% SOC, then started to taper off. 150 kW at 30%, 121 kW at 40%, 105 kW at 50% and 65 kW at 60%. While I did expect a bit higher power, I won't complain, as the car had enough charge to make it home before we had finished our sub at Subway.

And, as we live in Moses Lake, a day trip to Spokane has always required getting a bit of a charge somewhere along the way. The recent reliability issues at Ritzville have turned these trips into a much more chancy endeavor than I prefer. I am over the moon to finally have this Supercharger open.

My experience yesterday with our AWD Model 3 was roughly similar. The car started preconditioning the battery as we were going through Spokane. We hit the charger with SOC at 24%. The TeslaMate data shows the power ramped up to 173kW at 26% SOC, then started to taper off. 150 kW at 30%, 121 kW at 40%, 105 kW at 50% and 65 kW at 60%. While I did expect a bit higher power, I won't complain, as the car had enough charge to make it home before we had finished our sub at Subway.

And, as we live in Moses Lake, a day trip to Spokane has always required getting a bit of a charge somewhere along the way. The recent reliability issues at Ritzville have turned these trips into a much more chancy endeavor than I prefer. I am over the moon to finally have this Supercharger open.
Sounds like we had a very similar experience. So I can reasonably take charging equipment failure on my car away as a potential factor, which was unlikely to begin with, but it’s nice to know. North Bend is experiencing similar slow speeds. Their V3 station is listed at 150KW, and in reality sounds like it is providing speeds below that of V2. I wonder if more work on the station is pending.