Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
60 degrees or whatever isn’t warm by battery standards. Also, unless your garage is heated, it’s probably colder than you think. My underground garage in Seattle was 55F today and Spokane is obviously colder than that.
See my other reply. The temperature I stated was the cars interior temperature. The battery was warm, and from another’s reply these relatively slow speeds (compared to V3s potential) are not just an anomaly I experienced.

I pulled in at 16%. I saw a peak at 170KW then a sharp decline. This was on a car garaged for 24 hours. Nice warm battery. Fell off to 133KW at 33%. Normally I see 150KW stead through 40% on a V2 Charger so this is a big disappointment for me.

But remember, V3 there is no power sharing so these speeds are consistent even with all 8 stalls charging, so throughput is faster regardless.

But remember, V3 there is no power sharing so these speeds are consistent even with all 8 stalls charging, so throughput is faster regardless.
I should clarify. I think the benefits of V3 are great. Water cooled handles mean they won’t overheat, or at least not as fast. No cabinet sharing. And it’s awesome that we have one in Spokane. I’m saying it is a big disappointment to me that I only saw speeds above V2 for less than 2 minutes. Which is unlike what I’ve seen from the original V3 supercharger in CA. North Bend lists their V3 Charger as 150KW. I wonder if Spokane will be listed as 150KW as well.

Seems like the V3 chargers in the wild aren't fully baked yet. With how new they are I'm guessing Tesla is still collecting data and will crank them up in the future as they get charge management dialed in.

I wonder if they HAVE to have batteries deployed to act as a buffer or something. Anyone know if the V3 station at Fremont and Vegas have batteries? I wonder about the TransCanadian highway. I think all those went live very recently and many of them were V3...

I should clarify. I think the benefits of V3 are great. Water cooled handles mean they won’t overheat, or at least not as fast. No cabinet sharing. And it’s awesome that we have one in Spokane. I’m saying it is a big disappointment to me that I only saw speeds above V2 for less than 2 minutes. Which is unlike what I’ve seen from the original V3 supercharger in CA. North Bend lists their V3 Charger as 150KW. I wonder if Spokane will be listed as 150KW as well.
Tesla consistently puts wrong information in when they update the supercharger map. It has been that way for years. As others have pointed out, the v3s have had relatively slow charge rates thus far, at least compared to what was advertised. But your battery was not warm (see previous posts in this thread).

• Helpful
Reactions: Mobius484
Tesla consistently puts wrong information in when they update the supercharger map. It has been that way for years. As others have pointed out, the v3s have had relatively slow charge rates thus far, at least compared to what was advertised. But your battery was not warm (see previous posts in this thread).
I'm not sure how you're arriving at that conclusion.

As a weird preconditioning data point. My car was 40 degrees (street parked) and preconditioned for the entire 1.5 hours from Seattle to Cle Elum on Friday. :p Kind of annoying having the green banner up for an hour and a half. I would dismiss it to the circle and a few minutes later pop back up.

• Funny
Reactions: IdaX
Been live for almost two weeks - it shows up in-car and in-app if you're close enough.

06746BB6-1830-4FF6-8B80-736F71CF45FF.png

they need to update the website. Not surprising to see the auto “target opening 2020” lol

• Funny
Reactions: goneskiian
Charged here a week ago, still acts more like a 150 kW than a 250 kW. A snow pile from plowing had totally ‘iced’ the corner spot, but I also had to backup onto a zone of unplowed snow next to the charger. Probably another 5 slips were hard or impossible to reach. Now that it’s warmer than may be better.
This was an issue at Ritzville last year, I mentioned it to the hotel staff then and this year they’re doing great at keeping all 4 spots open
Hats off to the Best Western staff and plowers.