Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you serious? Can you post a picture if you’re local?
Sent to me in a Twitter post
5DAD9730-227A-4FE4-9554-133BF096F295.jpeg

So.... they removed the existing signs... and installed new signs (that still don’t follow WA EV charging requirements for legal enforcement) literally inches away from where the existing signs were. The only thing I see different is these signs are taller....

What a waste... (not to mention the wrong installation location in between!)

(potentially those signs could act as a block if a vehicle backs up too far and onto the curb and the sign would be damaged before the superchargers.... but seems like a weird route to go instead of just building something into the supercharger pedestal with a slightly wider concrete base and then a painted metal or concrete poll during the design phase.)

As stupid as the sign screwup was, I have to say that I'm surprised, and obviously pleased, that it was fixed so quickly. That seems like something that could have easily turned into months of people arguing over who to blame.

So the new sings are higher. Is that the only difference?

ETA: Well @acarney beat me to it.

As stupid as the sign screwup was, I have to say that I'm surprised, and obviously pleased, that it was fixed so quickly. That seems like something that could have easily turned into months of people arguing over who to blame.

So the new sings are higher. Is that the only difference?

ETA: Well @acarney beat me to it.
I guess to be fair they also have a black post...

Edit: also, I wonder if the parking stops will come back or not...

So.... they removed the existing signs... and installed new signs (that still don’t follow WA EV charging requirements for legal enforcement) literally inches away from where the existing signs were. The only thing I see different is these signs are taller....

What a waste... (not to mention the wrong installation location in between!)

Where can I read about WA requirements for signage so that enforcement can happen? I'm trying to get the owner of our office building to add charging stations. They're already pretty cool with having people towed when they park in my reserved spot, so I'm optimistic they'll do that for an ICE at the charger station, too.

Where can I read about WA requirements for signage so that enforcement can happen? I'm trying to get the owner of our office building to add charging stations. They're already pretty cool with having people towed when they park in my reserved spot, so I'm optimistic they'll do that for an ICE at the charger station, too.

Midway down the page on the second link there are some examples of the signs and more talk on the pavement markings required...

Funny enough, the Centralia supercharger example they post doesn’t appear to follow all the requirements. They have the no parking sign that looks like it includes the fine and they have the green paint, but not the blue EV charger sign... possibly that sign was a later addition to the regs to make the spaces more “inviting.” (I believe blue signs usually indicate a point of interest or service and would be a better indicator then just the “scary red/white no parking sign.” I could see early EV owners maybe thinking they needed a permit to park or something.)

Last edited:

Midway down the page on the second link there are some examples of the signs and more talk on the pavement markings required...

Funny enough, the Centralia supercharger example they post doesn’t appear to follow all the requirements. They have the no parking sign that looks like it includes the fine and they have the green paint, but not the blue EV charger sign... possibly that sign was a later addition to the regs to make the spaces more “inviting.” (I believe blue signs usually indicate a point of interest or service and would be a better indicator then just the “scary red/white no parking sign.” I could see early EV owners maybe thinking they needed a permit to park or something.)

Interesting, thanks! It looks like that RCW describes the requirements that must be met before a cop will write a ticket (the RCW says the ticket will be $124.00). I wonder what needs to be done to have somebody towed?

And I wonder... since somebody in my current "reserved" spot at work can be towed, I would assume that adding a charger at that reserved spot wouldn't change anything: I could have them towed for being there, regardless of whether or not it's an ICE, or an EV but not _my_ EV? To be honest that's not what I'm looking for: I already have the best spot at the building, too many people try to take it, and putting a charger there would increase my hassle. I'm hoping for chargers currently un-reserved spots.

Sorry, this is OT. I'll have to hunt around and see if I can find existing threads for this.

41BD8F40-E60F-4766-9835-F0B7A57CD70D.jpeg
201CEF0C-FEE0-4CFF-946F-2D18C6FA5964.jpeg
DF61C10E-E0C9-4D86-B03A-5280DF62F563.jpeg
53BBF485-E426-4B88-96D3-453DD9889893.jpeg
ACD19D47-8CD1-4145-BCEA-B6EF80854F24.jpeg
C6DCFC8A-F16B-49ED-8B74-97C4738A64CF.jpeg
4DDA16AE-0615-43F6-B95E-D7DD582468AC.jpeg
I was looking at One Call hoping to see something for Tukwila, WA, but I saw a locate request for the area right next to this charger.

Expansion? Megacharger?

WA One Call ticket number: 21499222

View attachment 728652 View attachment 728653
I was looking at One Call hoping to see something for Tukwila, WA, but I saw a locate request for the area right next to this charger.

Expansion? Megacharger?

WA One Call ticket number: 21499222

View attachment 728652 View attachment 728653
On my return home from CdA today, I took a look at this project area while charging our M3.
Edit out Cybertruck charger speculation.
Some photos and layout image attached below. Edit: Somehow inserted into Andrew FW’s post above?
Ditches are dug and filled, transformer installed, two units of Tesla charging hardware (part # 4711355-00-B) are sitting in parking lot NE of SuC. Totally unlike anything I’ve seen or been able to find online, including the recently photographed Semi Charger at Sparks.
Looks like each unit has three charging towers? Or? Unfortunately I didn’t look under the material covering them.
Edit:
@MarcoRP
The Google screenshot(ended up above) shows power route in blue from existing transformer (power source) at top of image to the newly installed transformer and meter location at yellow mark.
Conduit goes under asphalt a to hole dug at grassy island (under red square) where the Tesla hardware will locate. They currently sit in parking spaces nearby the red square.

Last edited:
All the V3 stalls were completely down when I rolled into town tonight around 4:45pm. Yup. Every one of them was dark. I needed to top up as my mom just has a wall outlet to plug in to at her apartment. Fortunately 2 of the urban chargers on one of the palettes were working. Yes, only 2. The other palette only had one exposed and just after I'd plugged in another X showed up (red P90D) but parked perpendicular to the spot you would have used for that other exposed plug. I went to tell the driver they were working and the guy said he was actually the electrician there to fix it. He looked a bit harried, and I had calls to my family to make to let them know I'd be late. By the time I was done 15 minutes or so later he was packing up to leave. I really wanted to ask him what was up with the whole back of V3 chargers but he looked pretty harried and was actually talking to someone on his Airpods most of the time anyway.

Oh, and as I was walking back to my car after using the restroom in the truck stop a couple driving a brand new (no plates yet) red Plaid S clipped the end of the curb and bottomed out on it as they were trying to pull in to the charger on the palette with mine. They were facing the wrong direction though so proceeded to leave and go over to the V3's. I walked after them to inform them they were down. Nice folks from Port Angeles on their way home after driving to and from Boston! At least that's what I thought he said. Whoa! Talk about a road trip I wouldn't want to do in winter! :eek::p

Anyway, he was pretty frantic about the damage he'd just done to his new hot rod, and I needed to get to dinner so we didn't chat much more. I did tell him if they were stopping for the night and wanted to get it checked out that there's a Service Center in town. Didn't get their names, but whoever you are, I hope you made it to Ellensburg or wherever you decided to stop for the night OK! Cheers!

Last edited:
Well this is interesting.

I'm planning on heading back to Seattle tomorrow so I thought I'd check to see what's up here in Spokane. Found this on Plugshare from today, well the 17th anyway (credit goes to user JDBP there)...

"Talked to the construction crew today. Due to a land ownership change they’re having to relocate the transformer and charger cabinets - pour new concrete pads, take out and re-do the wiring, etc, just to move the equipment ten feet. A pain in the neck but that’s what it is. The charger stalls themselves aren’t moving but it could be several weeks before they’re back online."

Ooof.

Due to the cold, a few trips around the city the last couple days, and only having a 120v outlet available, 'll need somewhere with a bit larger pipe to get some electrons before hitting the road. Hopefully the temporary urban stalls are still working!

I wonder if this has anything to do with the moving the chargers mess?
No. The work was permitted and inspected. The original work permit can be seen in this thread's opening post. Here's the permit and inspections reports for this new work to move the hardware: Permit # 3736661E

According to the records all of the electrical work, both original and new, was done by Innovative Electrical Solutions LLC, which wasn't either of the names mentioned in the article.