Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sprague, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

An 8-stall Supercharger is coming soon to the Big B Truck Stop in Tokio, about 10 miles NE from the current Ritzville Supercharger. An 811 ticket was filed yesterday by Blackstone Construction for the build.

Ritzville .jpg

This is by far one of the least needed locations. There are so many other places in Washington state that would benefit from heaving a 8 stall SC. I am thinking places like Wilbur or Walla Walla. But within the buffer zone of an existing SC? Sure, RV is only 4, so expanding that one would have made more sense.

Reactions: IdaX
I didn't even realize there was a proper exit at Tokio. I thought it was just a weigh station lol.

I-90 is definitely going to need more supercharger stalls by the summer, especially for big holiday weekends. The current supercharger in Ritzville is only 4 stalls, often has stalls down and/or low power output. It's not a given that Tesla would be allowed to expand there. In fact, I think they would have already done it if they could have. That hotel recently expanded and they may not want to give up more parking spots.

Such an interesting location. I'm curious if Tesla will divest of the Ritzville location eventually? Aren't those leases pretty long (15+ years)? Either way, I'm excited to have this option close to Cheney.

I didn't even realize there was a proper exit at Tokio. I thought it was just a weigh station lol.

I-90 is definitely going to need more supercharger stalls by the summer, especially for big holiday weekends. The current supercharger in Ritzville is only 4 stalls, often has stalls down and/or low power output. It's not a given that Tesla would be allowed to expand there. In fact, I think they would have already done it if they could have. That hotel recently expanded and they may not want to give up more parking spots.
I think this is the only logical option. Essentially capacity and they don’t have another spot in Ritzville. There is plenty of acreage there, but they don’t do that.

Already mentioned by others, but I'll echo my excitement for more chargers, but disappointment at this. I like the current Ritzville location and it's proximity to Starbucks, McDonalds, some Taco place, and Subway, not to mention the gas stations for quick essentials.

The truck stop is a much less "desirable" place... but might be open longer hours for restrooms and such. I would have bet money on a megacharger going in with hopefully 4 V3 stalls just because it's a easy way to add reducency if they're already out there building chargers for the trucks.

That said, Ritzville needed upgrading both in size, power, and reliability. Everyone is right that they may have not been able to secure extra space there, but I do wish they could have or someone was willing to sell some land cheap for a charger.

Either way this is a net positive so I'm happy, and Ritzville was a tough one to count on, especially for older cars, SR cars, and anyone towing.

I-90 is definitely going to need more supercharger stalls by the summer, especially for big holiday weekends. The current supercharger in Ritzville is only 4 stalls, often has stalls down and/or low power output.

IMO you're absolutely right, although I think the real bottleneck on I90 (whoops, not I90, I was thinking of HWY 395) is at tri-cities. With a long range car, Ritzville can be bypassed (at least in the summer, not so much in the winter). But if you're going from Portland to Spokane, you basically have to charge at the kennewick SC (and charge quite a bit) or take a different route. Or try to slipstream a fat container semi all the way from hood river to Ritzville 😅

The less time everyone has to spend charging in kennewick on the slower chargers, the better!

Last edited:
Will be great to supplement ritzville but can’t believe Tesla not planning on putting a sc in Pullman? What do people do for charging if going to a WSU football game from the west side? Hard enough getting a hotel room let alone the few hotel or J-772 chargers?

Will be great to supplement ritzville but can’t believe Tesla not planning on putting a sc in Pullman? What do people do for charging if going to a WSU football game from the west side? Hard enough getting a hotel room let alone the few hotel or J-772 chargers?
I did an out and back for a 2019 game Seattle > Ritzville > Pullman > Ritzville > Seattle. It was a long day :)

I suppose Moses Lake would also be an option if you have a very long range car, such as a Raven S, but it only saves a few minutes (and with the charge to high SOC, it might actually be slower).

Ritzville is the only supercharger I've run into significant trouble at (nav showed 2 stalls available but when I arrived two stalls were down and there was a line of 5 cars or so waiting to use the two that were working) so while a nearby alternative is certainly welcome the only reason I went there to begin with was I was doing a similar trip (Ritzville->Pullman->CDA) so I'd much prefer to see a supercharger in Pullman.

It's very tight where the 4 stalls are. There is definitely not room for more chargers there.

Drove by today, great news! Crew actively working on final installation!
@Chuq @MarcoRP @corywright please mark as under construction.

Attachments

• 6D5F9977-62E0-4864-B5C9-3A48E1C91921.jpeg
    6D5F9977-62E0-4864-B5C9-3A48E1C91921.jpeg
    473.9 KB · Views: 99
  • FA32D803-D25F-489E-8F94-AF26EC686AA4.jpeg
    FA32D803-D25F-489E-8F94-AF26EC686AA4.jpeg
    496.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 1F6CE321-2779-41B1-855D-997B6252B102.jpeg
    1F6CE321-2779-41B1-855D-997B6252B102.jpeg
    603.1 KB · Views: 114