Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Springfield, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
Posted today in the 417 Tesla Owners Group on Facebook.

"Just thought I would let you guys know. I'm a contractor and we just got plans for a new macadoddles that has a supercharger with 8 stalls at I-44 and Glenstone. It is right across Glenstone from Oscar Bloom golf course. The project has a September completion date."

Additional Details:

"The actual address is 3050 North Kentwood. This bids on April 26th. I have access to the City's permits so I will be able to find out when the permit is pulled."

Last edited:
The final link in route 66....Springfield is 70 miles from Joplin, which is the farthest between cities named in the song and the nearest supercharger.

The song goes:
Now you go through Saint Looey
Joplin, Missouri
And Oklahoma City is mighty pretty
You see Amarillo
Gallup, New Mexico
Flagstaff, Arizona
Don't forget Winona
Kingman, Barstow, San Bernandino

It'll also be the 4th Springfield supercharger.

EDIT: That would be near the Days Inn (and/or Waffle House).
Yes, this is the site of the old "Budget Lodge of Springfield" which was located just between the Day's Inn & the Super 8 before it was razed. Except for a fairly iffy waffle house and a fossil station just up the street, there's not much close to this location for those waiting on a charge. (Not counting the pending liquor store - of course.) This location will however, provide convenient access for I-44 corridor travelers - without requiring a significant diversion into town.

Last edited:
The following is posted on the Springfield, Mo city permit site. Looks like the address is changing a little.

Addressing
Notes: See markups on sheet C.1.0 for addressing of the Macadoodles building and the Tesla station area. Need to show this buildng addressed as 3080 N Kentwood Ave Need to address the Tesla station as 3070 N Kentwood Ave.

I know efusco already posted this link in the Rolla, MO thread, but I thought for some of us slower types (like me) it would be good to re-post it here. (I hope this works.)

New development to include hotel, fueling station, Macadoodles

From the blueprint shown in the video clip, it looks like the place to watch is the SE corner of the property, behind the fueling station canopy.

We have close relatives and friends strung along ol' Route 66 from Arizona to St. Louis, so watching this particular string pearls has been exciting.

Last edited: