Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Springfield, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks efusco! Husband and I are looking forward to going down to Maumelle (from STL) for Thanksgiving. It's a race between Springfield and Memphis to see which supercharger will be available for that trip.

Is the Nov 18 event still on track? I would love to try to come down if the supercharger is operational.

I stopped by again today. The Macadoodles is OPEN! The superchargers are accessible (no stripes painted yet) and appears to be complete other than fencing around the charger cabinets and there is not yet a meter attached to the transformer. Thus, I was unable to charge today. New photos from parking lot level today.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskGSXNKR

I called Macadoodles and asked if the Tesla Superchargers were operational. The lady confidently responded with "yes, they are operational". Could this be true? They don't show up in my car.
It could be true, but they were not 2 days ago. I don't know if/when I'll be able to check on that. If you look at my pix there was no meter on the transformer yet.

It could be true, but they were not 2 days ago. I don't know if/when I'll be able to check on that. If you look at my pix there was no meter on the transformer yet.

Drove by today. Don't think they are fully open, but they had a Model S there and it looked like they were testing charging at the different stations. Additionally, electricians were on site and they were working on one of the charging stations.

Charged up on the way to Chicago.

Attachments

• IMG_20161116_160620.jpg
    IMG_20161116_160620.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 136
It is now active on the Tesla website with the typo "Superchager".

Evan, is there an actual place to eat there? Sounds like Joplin and Rolla will be the dining spots, while Springfield will be the alcohol break. ;-)
Sort of, Tropical Smoothie is there, there's a Village in close by, and if you want to brave crossing the interstate via the overpass there are lots of good places to eat, but it's a hike (probably 1/2 mile).

The grand opening/ribbon cutting went great today! At one point we had a dozen Teslas out there including one poor soul who was traveling cross country from Kentucky to San Francisco and happened upon us near the peak of the event. Tim O'Reilly is a huge Tesla fan and entrepreneur who built the Macadoodles and brought in the supercharger was there with his wife and her Model X. There was a live newscast, and the article I'll like below from print media. I sure appreciate everyone that made it out. We even had a Tesla person there with a Model S.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...g-station-now-open-citys-north-side/94023110/