Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Springfield, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just stopped here today. I've got to say, the people working at Macadoodles are the nicest I've run into on my entire trip! Lots of questions about the cars and what they could be doing to better address anything that Tesla drivers might need.

There are a few food options in the convenience store area (roller hot dogs and taquitos, and some local donuts that looked delicious). The liquor store has great prices and lots of local options for beer/liquor, wine, and cheese.

They are also apparently working to build a waiting room that we can use, with wifi available. Since there's an attached gas station it's also a good place to wash your windshield, and it's the first supercharger location I've seen with an actual trash can next to the chargers.

If you're in the area, highly recommend stopping here to support the place. They're doing everything right.

Just stopped here today. I've got to say, the people working at Macadoodles are the nicest I've run into on my entire trip! Lots of questions about the cars and what they could be doing to better address anything that Tesla drivers might need.

There are a few food options in the convenience store area (roller hot dogs and taquitos, and some local donuts that looked delicious). The liquor store has great prices and lots of local options for beer/liquor, wine, and cheese.

They are also apparently working to build a waiting room that we can use, with wifi available. Since there's an attached gas station it's also a good place to wash your windshield, and it's the first supercharger location I've seen with an actual trash can next to the chargers.

If you're in the area, highly recommend stopping here to support the place. They're doing everything right.
Great report. There are near-future plans (maybe a year) for a hotel with a restaurants on the same property which should be better. Also, the walk to the Waffle-house is easy.

The Centralia, WA supercharger has had a trash can and windshield squeegee with water for a while now. The crazy thing is there is no gas station in the immediate vicinity and there isn't even a truly adjacent business. It's mostly in an outlet mall type area so I have no idea who maintains them. I wish this became the supercharger standard because it definitely sucks to have to sit and charge for an hour and *then* drive to a nearby gas station to squeegee the windshield for 5-10 minutes rather than killing two birds with one stone. Perhaps whichever local business provided the amenities could be allowed to advertise on the trash can and the bucket. I know I would be more likely to patronize such a business if I knew they were helping to support the supercharger directly.

Put a spray bottle of windshield cleaner and a roll of paper towels in a bag in the frunk or trunk. Add some used plastic bags to store used paper towels if there is no garbage can handy. Come on, Boy and Girl Scouts, be prepared.
Definitely a handy tip for SpC locations without services, but at Springfield, MO it is at a gas station, so you can use the squeege there.

Quick minor update. A brand new Holiday Inn Express just opened on the adjacent property (all part of the O'Reilly property) right next to the superchargers. There's another building going up that I believe will be a restaurant. What is already one of the best Supercharger locations I've been to is going to be even better soon.

• Helpful
Reactions: TexasDuke
Just noticed this thread on Reddit:

Springfield, MO supercharger not working : teslamotors
“Hopefully y’all are not planning on traveling too much given our current situation but I wanted to let people know that, if you need to travel, Springfield, MO supercharger is not working at this time. I’m not sure why, but heads up!“

Has anyone been here lately? Just curious to see how long it takes them to get it back up, this is in a pretty critical spot along I-44. The in car nav doesn’t show it down and 4/8 stalls in use (attached).

Attachments

• F3585E97-1982-4064-96C8-29EF4291DDDA.jpeg
    F3585E97-1982-4064-96C8-29EF4291DDDA.jpeg
    598.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Interesting to see the history of the development and opening of the site in this thread.

I've charged there a couple times over the past week and once hit the full 150kw so it seems to be operating fine.

Also wanted to mention the amenities and perks at this location: there is a Macadoodle's convenience store and liquor store, and if you tell them you're charging a Tesla you get a 10% discount on anything you purchase, and a free small fountain drink, coffee, or bottle of water. They also have squeegees to wash your windshield and garbage/recycling bins (all over by the Supercharger, not just the gas pumps) and a small lounge type area in between the convenience and liquor stores.

Overall a great stop!

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: efusco and PStewart
This SC station needs some attention. It’s rated at 150 by Tesla but my two recent stops found a peak of 90 and 74 respectively. PlugShare reports the same for some time.

And yeah, it is labeled oddly. Great place to stop though! The Waffle House is a nice perk!

Reactions: PStewart
Seems more like a messed up update. Unless somehow they installed a temporary pair of 250kW chargers.
App is saying these are 250kW now. Can someone confirm these have been upgraded to V3?
I stopped by today to check it out. The original 8, 150kw stations are still there. They’ve Just added a single cabinet with 2, 250kw chargers hooked up to it. There were cones blocking the 250kw chargers from being used.

• Informative
Reactions: five9s and Big Earl