Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Springfield, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm not trying to step on anyone's party, but there a gent over on the Tesla forum that just came up with THIS idea:
tesla rally | Tesla

We COULD combine a ribbon-cutting AND rally support all in the same event if done on 7/1.
I'm not posting a poll and I will wait for @mrjwen to decide what that group may be doing for this coming weekend before going further.

@Half Dollar Bill - I like that idea and I'm also hearing several people who will be at the Mid-Atlantic event don't want to miss out the Springfield ribbon cutting. With that, and allowing more time for people to plan to attend, let's go with Sunday, 7/1 at 11am and lunch at 11:30am at Yard House. - Also, @Half Dollar Bill , you're the of master of ribbon cutting ceremonies, so you gotta be there!

Reactions: MMC-
C60B052B-E93D-4497-BD85-DDC4F95A4FFB.jpeg

On the Tesla “Find Us” page now.

I stopped at the Gaithersburg, MD supercharger around noon today. First visit; don't like it.

Anyway, there was a Tesla technician who pulled up and began working to replace one of the connector cables. He said he was doing some other work at Gaithersburg as well. He said yes, he'd turned on the Springfield Town Center site last night. Nice guy.

He normally works in the New England Area, and said there are a lot of new Superchargers that will open in the coming months up there. He also said he'd heard new site work would be slowing down in the third quarter, but would quickly speed up in the fourth quarter.

He knew nada about a Frederick, MD Supercharger.

You have to first find it in the parking garage. Not too hard, since you can see the lighted pedestals from the street. But then I had wait while traffic cleared so I had room to swing wide and ease my Model X head first through a tight gap between two charge pedestals. It’s a tight fit. Way better for a Model 3.

July 1st is ideal for me, as I’ll be out of town next week. Of course, I don’t even have a Tesla yet, so don’t make plans around me, but it would be nice to meet everyone. I’ll bring the Fiat 500e and maybe the Cadillac ELR, as well.

I’m at the site now while I wait for my car to charge in the garage. It’s totally dead here... not a single car charging. The mall is quite busy, however. PlugShare still lists the site as “coming soon.”

You have to first find it in the parking garage. Not too hard, since you can see the lighted pedestals from the street. But then I had wait while traffic cleared so I had room to swing wide and ease my Model X head first through a tight gap between two charge pedestals. It’s a tight fit. Way better for a Model 3.
For where it is located the pull in is so much nicer than having to back in. In theory the stalls could be moved a few feet closer to the wall to make it a hair easier to pull into, but it works. Folks behind you aren't trained for people to back into parking spots in a garage. Also, I love the location in terms of having a target, dicks, and a book store.

+1 it is hard to pull into the spots with the chargers out by the lanes. I've been there twice this month. I have a project around the corner so I hope to use it more.

Kinda dark in the garage compared to the outdoor sites.

I get a sample set tomorrow, I'm gonna hit the road and head to Ohio for a meeting. stopping in Breezwood, Pittsburg, colubus area then on the way back Hagerstown. Any issues to warn me about?