Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Squamish, BC - Commercial Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

1201 Commercial Way
Squamish, BC V8B 0A4

Article says: 10 V3 stalls, but I count 8 V3 stalls (I guess they are in a rush)

Second Tesla Supercharger under construction in Squamish [British Columbia]​

June 21, 2022 Darryn John Supercharger 0 Comments
supercharger squamish
Credit: Amish Solanki

A second Tesla Supercharger has been discovered under construction in Squamish, British Columbia.
The new location was spotted by Drive Tesla reader Amish Solanki, who tells us that work first began at the site in mid-May. Even though the automaker’s Find Us map does not indicate a new location is coming to the area, there are 10 V3 Superchargers being installed in the parking lot of a commercial building at 1201 Commercial Way.
Photos of the site taken recently by Solanki show several of the pedestals already in place.
supercharger squamish
squamish supercharger
This second Supercharger is located just off the Sea to Sky Hwy and about 4 minutes (2.9km) away from the existing 10-stall V2 Supercharger at 40167 Glenalder Pl.
squamish map
Credit: Google Maps
Given the state of construction, if all goes well with BC Hydro and connecting it to the grid, the second Supercharger in Squamish should be turned on very soon.
There are currently two other Superchargers under construction in the province of British Columbia. Construction began last week on a second Supercharger in Revelstoke, and the Castlegar Supercharger was completed and has been waiting to be turned on since last year.

Nice to see more V3 Superchargers in Squamish, a lot are needed for the heavy Winter and Summer traffic between Metro Vancouver and Whistler.

But it sure would be nice to see new V3 Superchargers in Whistler especially for the Tesla's in Winter driving along Highway 99. After the V3 Supercharges in Cache Creek, the distance to Whistler is 216 km's and to Squamish it's 270 km's. Without a Chademo or CCS adapter, it can be a tricky drive for Tesla owners. The Superchargers in Whistler were suitable for 2010, but not for today, they are completely shameful and overlooked by Tesla.

I've personally petitioned Whistler Council for the last 2-3 years to open up a tiny bit of space on one of their VAST parking lots. To no avail! It would bring in more Tesla (and in the future) other EV traffic along Highway 99 from the East.

Anybody living in Sea-to-Sky Country or BC in general, I urge you to write cordial and constructive emails to Whistler Council. Tesla pays for most of the work and there are still BC Government and Federal Government Rebates to offset building costs for these chargers, so it's a win - win for everyone.

It’s turned on! I talked to the guy who just finished commissioning it and he said I’m the first person to use it 😀View attachment 834055

@mikemarmar awesome! I guess that's a towing/trailer-friendly stall you're using? It's about time that Squamish had a > urban SC! EDIT: Sorry I must be tired, I forgot that the existing one is a V2.

Doesn't look like Tesla has update the map on their site yet Find Us | Tesla. Hopefully soon.

I guess that's a towing/trailer-friendly stall you're using?
That stall does not look suitable for using while hitched to a trailer; you would block the lane.

I just now learned about this Supercharger from the Western Canada thread, and I was just in Squamish this afternoon. I don’t typically need to charge in Squamish while on my way to and from Whistler but nice to know about this new location. This may alleviate the pressure on the Whistler Supercharger, which is a pain to use.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
The snow clearing for this location intentionally leaves the Supercharger stalls uncleared. Not only that but they put the snow pile in front of the stalls. This contractor really doesn’t like Teslas. I tried to call Tesla to let them know, but you know how that goes.

Still accessible at the moment but the end stall is untouched because it’s like a 12” high snow pile in front of the stall.

The snow clearing for this location intentionally leaves the Supercharger stalls uncleared. Not only that but they put the snow pile in front of the stalls. This contractor really doesn’t like Teslas. I tried to call Tesla to let them know, but you know how that goes.

Still accessible at the moment but the end stall is untouched because it’s like a 12” high snow pile in front of the stall.

You need to call or email the owner of the complex, they should get a refund from the snow clearing company for a lousy ... but obviously intentional job.

Reactions: richteer and dskid