Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Squamish, BC - Commercial Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pics only show a limited view, but it looks like the normal stalls are cleared and the only ones blocked are the palletized stalls. Without more information, it seems unfair to cast aspersions about the snow removal contractor's feelings toward Teslas.
I can feel the snow removal team’s fear of damaging the equipment, and corresponding avoidance of the areas with tight clearances and expensive consequences.

Don't forget they're contractually paid to clear the lot, not pile snow exactly where the chargers are. They could have easily pushed the pile of snow in another spot. They know very well that this pile will turn into cement for the rest of the season and it'll be there for months. This corridor is used by thousands of Tesla's especially in Winter, it's highly negligent. I have been to these new chargers a few times and there was no reason, other than the obvious one, for them to make a pile exactly there.

Reactions: richteer
The point is clear, I know this parking lot I have been there many times, there's tons of free empty places to make that pile. These guys know what they are doing, placing a pile of snow is a sensitive subject, not only for EV owners and chargers, but for businesses too, nobody wants a pile on parking stalls in front of their business.

Reactions: ecarfan
Pics only show a limited view, but it looks like the normal stalls are cleared and the only ones blocked are the palletized stalls. Without more information, it seems unfair to cast aspersions about the snow removal contractor's feelings toward Teslas.
Yes, this was the case. Every parking stall that had a Supercharger was left uncleared but was still accessible as you could just drive on the snow. All the normal parking spots were cleared and had no snow. I should have taken more pictures but the stark difference between the two cleared normal spots with two uncleared SuC spots on either side was hopefully getting the point across. This pile at the end was unique and them leaving that there meant nobody could use them. That was nowhere else in the parking lot. I can’t speak to what they were thinking at the time but the end result certainly doesn’t reflect well on them.

Reactions: NSTM3