Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. Augustine, FL - World Commerce Pkwy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Buc-ee's Supercharger 2/2 found for Florida. New Supercharger coming soon to 200 World Commerce Pkwy in St. Augustine. Permit issued last week

StA BP.jpg

16 stalls for $28k (per the permit valuation...) what a bargain - less than $2k per stall! I'd pay that for a single stall SC in my driveway!
Ignore those valuations. You can never tell what's included and what's not as each jurisdiction has a slightly different way of counting things. So, as one example, this could be the valuation of just the electrician's fees for wiring up the chargers without any of the hardware costs or any of the general construction work (trenching, laying conduit, concrete pours, etc). Basically there's no way to tell what the actual total project cost is from the permit valuations without having a lot more insight than is offered by just seeing the number listed.

Reactions: Big Earl and ChrisC
Fair points, but in fact I was having a bit of fun with that post...in the case of St Johns County the valuations on the permits are, in my experience, pretty much meaningless. My HVAC company annually pulls 10-20 new construction mechanical permits in St Johns County. We always list the total contract value - doing so has no impact on the cost of the permit so we figure why bother not being truthful? The county building permit staff, AFAIK, never question the job value on a permit application.

In retrofits, such as system replacements, a state statute requires recording a NOC (Notice of Commencement) for projects whose value exceeds $7500, so one sees an awful lot of $7499 HVAC replacements, but honestly the NOC's role in complying with construction lien law is critical should a payment problem arise.

It does seem that many of our competitors drastically understate their HVAC contract values, but between my office manager and I we have no idea why.

I have no idea what a SC installation costs other than a gut feeling that they likely run $100 - $250k or more, especially in high cost urban areas. My guess is that the POCO (electric utility) provides the transformer at no cost, but that's just a guess.

Upon further reflection, Tesla provides all of the hardware (other than the ubiquitous green POCO transformer) - the AC to DC converters and the individual stall cable holders but must rely on local or state licensed electrical contractors to construct and wire everything up - trenching, conduits, cabling, etc.