Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St Augustine, FL - Inman Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume once this is up and running they are going to shut down the current ones at the outlet mall, since those are the slow Gen 1 superchargers.
I think that is what Tesla would do, but I also feel like having both would be awesome also. The slower ones for people as they shop... and the fast ones at the gas station to just get on with the trip.
If I were traveling, I'd LOVE the option.
Having a total of 20 stalls between the two may be not worth it though.

This is great news for us too as we have to travel that route several times a week. Will be good in an emergency because we usually charge at home in our M Y for the round trip.

The older one at the outlet Mall is often closed and Mall Security won't let you in. Not sure what the hours are but I've been there when the road in was barricaded.

12 working stations behind WAWA. Looks like it is getting set up for wifi Starlink too.
IMG_2362.jpg

Reactions: mociaf9 and MWhy
It's already getting ICED how lovely

Generally, yeah, people using an EV spot can GFT, but I believe Wawa has signage that indicates something like "Open parking for 15 minutes / order pickup" or something to that effect. I recall seeing it at the Deltona Wawa where I've stopped several times for a 12-15 minutes charge coming back from MCO.

[edit]

Yeah, found a photo on Plugshare:

574444.jpg

In this case (at the Deltona location), it's kind of out of the way, so it's not very obvious and/or as convenient as the side or front parking, so it's generally pretty open.

Reactions: newjacka
It depends on the station. Some do have the 15 minute sign and often people who think that is reserved for their gas car to go in for a bite to eat might see 15 minutes as 45 minutes. Other spots are signed with "Tesla Vehicle charging only." These are frequently ICED with no regard to the sign. Then we have the handicap EV charging and I've seen ICE vehicles pull in on those as well, and no handicap permit or registration. It's a general attitude of entitlement and disregard for the laws, regulations and other drivers.

On the Deltona WAWA I pulled into that one a little over a year ago to try the new V3 and had to wait for an 18 wheeler who blocked all the chargers for almost 30 minutes. I managed to squeeze in against one end.

Generally, I'm not concerned as long as there are plenty of chargers open but when it gets really busy and we have 7 Teslas charging and the remaining 5 are ICED and I have to wait, I have gone inside and the clerk will make an announcement for people blocking the Tesla chargers to move their cars.

Reactions: MaskedRacerX