TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - St. Charles, MO

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by BlueShift, Jan 23, 2015.

1. BlueShift

BlueShift Member

This is the long anticipated (by me anyway) St. Louis area supercharger.

Reported by mallynb here: New Supercharger locations...Permit Sttaus | Forums | Tesla Motors

"Case No. CU-2014-32. (Tesla Motors, Inc. c/o Black & Veatch) An application for a Conditional Use Permit from §400.220(C)(1)(a) for a charging station for electric vehicles within the C-2 General Business District, specifically to install parking and 5 charging posts with associated equipment adjacent to 1981 Zumbehl Road within the Bogey Hills Shopping Plaza."

http://supercharge.info/?Center=38.798907,-91.609722&Zoom=8

A fifteen minute drive from my home.

2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Da. Da. Daaaa.

There is documented life in Missouri. Let's see how the application goes.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Not the best location, but I'll take anything I can get.

4. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

Is it true the site will feature a 12-foot statue likeness of BlueShift holding aloft a color-shifting orb?

5. larryep

larryep Member

finally!!!!

6. bluefuego

bluefuego Member

Woohoo! I didn't get a chance to drive by today afterall - there's probably no equipment yet on site, but this is the best evidence yet! :biggrin:

7. Bet TSLA

Bet TSLA Member

Aren't y'all getting a bit ahead of yourselves? It's just an application for a permit, right? No guarantee it will even be approved, or if it is, in what year.

8. CurtGentry

CurtGentry Member

I emailed the Governor's office in Missouri the other day. I politely explained to him/them that when my wife and I want a little overnight getaway, 90% of the time we come to St Louis or St Charles from Springfield Illinois. Having just purchased a used Tesla Model S and the lack of Tesla Superchargers in Missouri, this weekend we will be going to Naperville and Aurora Illinois instead. I explained the state of Missouri will be missing out on a fairly large weekend splurge. We would have brought another couple with us and would have enticed more people to meet us for dinner, drinks, gambling and other purchases.

Missouri needs to embrace new technology instead of ignoring the needs of their citizens and tourists.

9. Nicoletta

Nicoletta Member

Amen! Enjoy the Two Brothers Roundhouse!

10. CurtGentry

CurtGentry Member

I hope you come out and meet us Nicoletta! Should be there about 6 pm.

11. basf_audio

basf_audio Member

FullSizeRender.jpg

Probably getting ahead of myself... But I'll take it!!! Two years of waiting and this is the best sign of life so far!! Our "birdies" have been tweeting the truth.... :)

- - - Updated - - -

I was going to take a drive later today before I saw this thread. Was wondering if they would have started this week because of the warmer temps. Little birds did tell us "Saint Louis finished by the end of January..." Just a few more days to go, right?? :)

12. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Great find! Congratulations!

Missouri may soon lose it's dubious honor as the highest population state in the U.S. without a Supercharger.

From Watching for I-70 Superchargers from Denver to St. Louis - Page 24 on 12/12/2014:

I was just a month or two ahead of reality. Compare the map cited above to the recently found permit, 1981 Zumbehl Rd, St Charles, MO 63303 - Google Maps.

13. TechGuy

TechGuy Member

I've been trying to figure out the best way to pass through the SC desert of of Missouri when we go form Pennsylvania to Colorado in March. I'm hoping it's up and running by then, although Missouri will still require a bit of planning to get to Topeka.

Anyway, it looks like the City Council approved it on January 6. Fingers crossed for a quick install!!

new-2.jpg new-1.jpg new-3.jpg new-4.jpg new-5.jpg new-6.jpg

14. Sudre

Sudre Member

WOW. I was just at that exact spot last weekend. There was no sign of construction.... yet.

I wonder how it will turn out after the dealers double down their lobbying in Jeff City to make everything Tesla illegal.
    There is now enough of one party to override a veto by the governor so writing to him is pointless.

15. Bet TSLA

Bet TSLA Member

Great find! I retract my comment about getting ahead of yourselves. Approved is very good. Party on!

16. basf_audio

basf_audio Member

I took a drive out there today to look around the entire parking lot and there's nothing started. I was thinking the far north side of the lot would be effective as its tucked away:

IMG_0083.JPG

but when I came up here just now to post the picture I see the plans from TechGuy - so it's at the far South side of the lot! Either way - looks like we have ourselves a winner. Charge up and have some Taco Bell!!

17. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

With a site going online in Quebec last week, you can make that the most populous state, province, or territory in the US or Canada without a Supercharger.

18. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

And the state with the most interstate miles sans Supercharger.

Miles State
    1385 Missouri*
    930 Oklahoma*
    800 Kentucky
    781 Iowa
    731 Mississippi
    647 Arkansas
    612 Idaho*
    571 North Dakota
    482 Nebraska
    367 Maine
    *Permits issued/approved

19. Bet TSLA

Bet TSLA Member

There is construction going on in Kentucky, possibly at multiple sites.

20. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

Good catch. I got a little excited about the Missouri announcement and missed that update. :)