Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. Charles, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to thank everyone for keeping updates going on this SC. I was going to give it a try this Monday and then go to a CHAdeMO site as backup. I will now make the CHAdeMO site primary and skip the SC. Thanks also to grichard for offering a CHAdeMO loaner. I bought a CHAdeMO adapter because this SC has had so many problems but it is nice to know that folks like grichard are out there.

I am heading through St. Charles tomorrow evening... is it worth stopping at the charger or should I head to the Bellville Nissan to top up before heading to Louisville?

I haven't been to the Supercharger in a while, but it sounds like it does work *sometimes*. As long as it's on your way, it might be worth trying it for 5min to see if you get anything.

If you're going through Belleville and would prefer a 14-50 outlet to a Nissan dealer (presumably J1772), send me a PM and you can charge in my garage.

I'll give it a shot and see how it goes ... I'll report back here once I do :)

Thanks for the offer jvonbokel, I really appreciate it! I may take you up on that if the Supercharger is down and I can't get to the DCFC for some reason (Hours, etc...)

I did... it was marginal. It wasn't 100%, but adequate. I made the mistake of heading to the O'Fallon Nissan, though... the CHADeMo charger there can't handle a constant draw from a Tesla and I overheated it... didn't get enough charge to make it to Louisville in one shot, so it cost me about 3 hours charging at a 40a in between.... ugh. I will be headed back through Effingham on the return and hitting up all Superchargers.

Well, I made the mistake of stopping in St. Charles on the way back... at 7%. The SC was completely down ... no charge from any of the stalls. Was a real pain in the ass... but there was a CHAdeMO charger a bit back up the road at a Best Western. Charged $7/hr for charging... got some DCFC 125A 375V charging for about an hour and was on my way to Columbia.

The St. Charles charger being out is a real problem. It makes the route through the center of the country nearly impossible.

Went through Friday afternoon and went straight to Best Western CHAdeMO. After an hour with tech support, abandoned due to error 6. Went to Tesla Supercharger with hope. None of the stations were sending out much of anything. There was a crew on site, but looked like they were just beginning to dig and didn't know anything. Tesla directed me to Bommarito Nissan in Hazelwood for their free Chargepoint CHAdeMO. After finding the apparently single person that knew anything about charging, he was very accommodating and helpful and moved the ICE so I could charge.