Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. Charles, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke to the guys working there yesterday and they said it would be at least another 10 days before the site was ready.

BTW: the St. Louis Tesla Enthusiasts are planning a big "Grand Opening" once the SC is on line. We will post details here once we know them you can also track the details. You can also find the details on our Meet up site. http://www.meetup.com/Saint-Louis-Tesla-Enthusiasts/events/220960432/

The main concrete curb has been poured (they still need to pour the curbs on the sides and the light pole bases):
2015_03_26_1.jpg

The wires have been pulled between the superchargers and the power distribution cabinet:
2015_03_26_2.jpg

More progress!
The concrete has been poured for the light pole bases and the curbs on the sides.
The precast slab for the transformer has been set, with protective bollards next to it.
The equipment surround fence has been installed.
A bunch of bushes have been planted.
2015_03_28_2.jpg

The wires have been pulled to the charging pedestals.
The final connections are being made (on a Saturday no less), and the covers are being installed.
Poles for the signs are being set.
2015_03_28_1.jpg

NMG: Looks like the only gap that you'll run into, if you take I-70, is between Kansas City, MO to St. Charles, MO. Hopefully the supercharger will be open for you when you get there. When I went that route last year, I stayed overnight in Sedalia, MO and charged at Chaplin's RV park for $10. Motel is within a 5-10 min walk. If you're charging at Chaplin's better be there in daylight hours. The owner goes to bed early.

Last edited:
I'm wondering how this is going to affect our cross country trip?

As long as the utility gets the transformer set, this supercharger should be open in time for your trip. I will keep an eye on it and let you know when that happens. The I-70 cross country route is probably quite a bit more direct than any of the alternatives. It is 213 miles from the Independence, MO supercharger to this one in St. Charles. That should be doable with an 85, a full charge, and some careful driving. Beyond St. Charles, the supercharger along I-70 in Effingham, IL just opened, so the rest of the route is now easy.

I'm charging at this moment at the St Charles Nissan located around 5 miles west of the Supercharger site. Getting 105 amps at 359 volts. I did not call ahead, but it is a ChargePoint that costs $5 flat. I had some trouble the first time I went to use it (about two weeks ago, on the way out to Colorado). It wouldn't take my ChargePoint card. I called them, but they were quite convinced that this is not a ChargePoint location despite the two ChargePoint logos and the listing in their app. They transferred me to some other company (EvGo?), by they couldn't help.... Because it's a ChargePoint location. Happily, it took my ChargePoint card this time.

Ignoring the far superior speed of a Supercharger, I'm eager for the simplicity and reliability!

In Chargepoint's system, they list this unit as St Charles 1, but with the dealership streer address. The St Charles Nissan listing as non Chargepoint was probably a correct entry when the staion was first installed, but soneone neglected to update or delete when Chargepoint stepped in.

foreman said Tesla will be doing a stress test on Friday. It may be open that day!!
View attachment 76403

Wow, what an incredible change in appearance almost over night! 10 stalls is a good thing, I suspect that SC will see lots of action.

If you have a chance to slip the question in, you might see if they foreman will let slip where they're heading next.

Are there other odd numbered SCs out there?

Yes, I counted 13 from the Data tab on supercharge.info

1 - Beijing, China
1 - Chengdu, China
3 - Madison, WI
5 - San Marcos, TX
5 - Sydney, Australia
5 - The Dalles, OR
5 - Ellensburg, WA
5 - Aarhus, Denmark
5 - DeFuniak Springs, FL
7 - San Juan Capistrano, CA
7 - Jettingen-Scheppach, Germany
7 - Roseville, CA
13 - Valle d'Aosta, Italy

Are we sure that a 6th stall isn't going in now that the transformer has gone in? Maybe it was just a wait-to-lay-the-conduit situation, like that pavement being finished post-transformer...
(although the lane placement and spacing would argue against one more stall being allowed in!)

Last edited: