Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. Charles, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting this Supercharger is still not listed on Tesla's website. It's still Coming soon! Must be an oversight. We charged there the past weekend so we know for a fact it's there :tongue:.

However, it shows open in Find Us.

It appears that the "Find Us" page is database driven and the "Supercharger Maps" seem to be manually edited, and more error prone.

looking at the future stations does it look like Plaza Frontenac is the next super charging station?

http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

sup.jpg

looking at the future stations does it look like Plaza Frontenac is the next super charging station?

http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

View attachment 97351

Would seem silly to place it that close to St. Charles. Why not a bit more South West... at least the I-44/I-270 junction. For my personal convenience somewhere like Eureka would be ideal, but that doesn't help out the folks traveling North East/South East of the city.

I had trouble with this SC not keeping a steady charging level on Nov. 25 around 12:30 AM. It would ramp up the amps then hit a peak and drop back down to nearly zero and start over again. I tried 1A, 2A, and 3A stalls. I called Tesla service and they said they would follow up, but presumed it was a utility issue. I noted it on the PlugShare.com site.

Just be aware in case you are relying on this charger.

Karl

Just a follow up: it was working normally again yesterday.

I used this SC on 12/27, while detouring around a closed section of I-70 (Flooding). I like this spot - a better selection of restaurants, some not chains, than the others along I-70 in Missouri and Illinois. I did notice a lower than usual amperage (and was the only car charging), but didn't report it because at the time because it was not *bad*. A good compliment to the destination chargers downtown (including a NEMA 14-50 at the Hyatt/Arch that isn't well documented.

It seems to be flaky again based on recent PlugShare comments (see below). Can one of you locals swing by and check it out and call in if it's really the case? My experience in November is that it ramped up in amps, then died, then ramped up again, then died, and finally settled on a very poor charge rate. When I called it in at the time, Tesla said that it might be a utility issue, but they would check in to it.

I'm hoping to come through in February and could really use this one.

Thanks in advance!

PlugShare: St. Charles Supercharger | St Charles, MO | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

Recent comments:

negative_review_icon.png
JB Jan 25, 2016 9:18 PMLow amperage, keeps resetting, could only charge ~30 mi. in 30 minutes

negative_review_icon.png
PowerPlay Jan 20, 2016 1:53 PMAmps 0 on all 5 chargers as of about noon today. Volts high but amps quickly trickle to zero.

PowerPlay Jan 20, 2016 11:22 AMTried all 5 chargers. Starts with a few amps then falls back to 0. Managed to add 50 miles by switching from charger to charger. It's 32 degrees now so don't know what's going on.

Just tried this charger tonight and can report that problems still continue! Pulled into charger 1A with ~110 mi. left and got 250A for a good 3 minutes before it cut out and refused to deliver more than 120A. Switched between chargers several times as it would sometimes die completely or charge at a measly 10 amps. Managed to get 50 miles of charge before finally giving up. Sounds like the same issue you were having back in November.

Will ring in soon and try to see what's going on.