Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. Charles, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol, I worked in that building 14 years ago back when it was a Quizno's! What are the odds?

new-5.jpg

Oh, it was just a high school job. I've had quite a journey since then :smile:. Funny story, my older brother worked there too as a manager. The general manager of the store begged him to scrap his plans of going to college and just stay there indefinitely. It didn't work :rolleyes:.

I drive past there on I70 every day- I'll keep an eye out now that I know which end of the Dierbergs lot to watch. :biggrin:
I was kind of wondering if they'd go with Wentzville instead of St. Charles, thus connecting with I-64 instead of 270. Ultimately, I think cities with interstate ring roads and lots of interstates transiting them will need a minimum of 2 SC locations so that people don't have to go miles out of their way to charge, unless Tesla is willing to put SCs downtown where the interstates intersect. But that forces people to deal with major commute traffic instead of bypassing it.

I've been trying to figure out the best way to pass through the SC desert of of Missouri when we go form Pennsylvania to Colorado in March. I'm hoping it's up and running by then, although Missouri will still require a bit of planning to get to Topeka.

Anyway, it looks like the City Council approved it on January 6. Fingers crossed for a quick install!!

@TechGuy - If by chance St. Charles isn't ready by the time of your trip you are welcome to charge at our house. We live in Wentzville (45 miles west of St. Louis). You can easily get from Springfield to our house on a charge. And we can make Kansas City (where there are some level 2's) from our house on a full charge if we drive conservatively.

@TechGuy - If by chance St. Charles isn't ready by the time of your trip you are welcome to charge at our house. We live in Wentzville (45 miles west of St. Louis). You can easily get from Springfield to our house on a charge. And we can make Kansas City (where there are some level 2's) from our house on a full charge if we drive conservatively.

There are also 2 80A HPWC's at the Raphael Hotel in KC: Find Us — Raphael Hotel - Kansas City, MO | Tesla Motors

Thanks for the offers! We're aiming to get from PA to Denver in 3 days and Missouri is right smack in the middle of the second day. That doesn't make for a good over-night without adding an extra night to our trip... and I only have the single charger. Right now, my plan is to spend the night at the HPWC hotel in Champaign, IL and then (hopefully) get a SC in St. Charles, top off at a camp ground in Jonesburg for a few hours, and then hopefully make it to a public charger just east of Kansas City and stay the night near by. The Raphael Hotel (Kansas City HPWC) doesn't have any rooms available that night (3/13-3/14), but they look like they may be a bit fancy for us anyway... at least too fancy for my four year old. ;)

Thanks for the offers! We're aiming to get from PA to Denver in 3 days and Missouri is right smack in the middle of the second day. That doesn't make for a good over-night without adding an extra night to our trip... and I only have the single charger. Right now, my plan is to spend the night at the HPWC hotel in Champaign, IL and then (hopefully) get a SC in St. Charles, top off at a camp ground in Jonesburg for a few hours, and then hopefully make it to a public charger just east of Kansas City and stay the night near by. The Raphael Hotel (Kansas City HPWC) doesn't have any rooms available that night (3/13-3/14), but they look like they may be a bit fancy for us anyway... at least too fancy for my four year old. ;)

tesla service station has a charger not sure if it is a supercharger. give them a call (314) 872-9946. they are located on 1-70 and olive about 5 miles from Interstate 70.
service.jpg

service 1.jpg
service 2.jpg

Last edited:
@TechGuy - The Aloft Hotel in a south suburb of Kansas City is right next to a garage with a J1772. Very nice hotel in a nice location, great gelato place right across the street. You can easily make it to the Topeka SC or even the Salina SC from there. We stayed there last year when we did our trip to California.