Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. Charles, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we bribe them with Saint Louis pork steaks and gooey butter cake to leave Texas and get Saint Charles finished first?? :)

Funny story... you may not want to do that.

Years ago, the sales team for the company I work for sponsored a "tech talk" afternoon with the various IT leaders of a large agricultural company headquartered in the area. They put out a great spread for lunch: pork steaks, mashed potatoes, corn, slaw, and yes, gooey butter cake for dessert. That was from 12-1. I was due to start speaking at 1:30.

Guess how effective my presentation was?

You'd probably have to get commitment to serve them the steaks AFTER they do the work... :)

I just drove by today and it looks like they are ready to break ground on the site!
STCharlesSC.jpg

Thanks, beegee! I just spent a two hours running numbers with evtripplanner with the assumption that this charger will be open by March 13th. Fingers crossed!! :)

Really hope this location works out for your schedule.
Big unknown is status of the transformer for a (any) site, its installation and when it will be activated by the local power company.
Then Tesla needs to finally come and in and certify the superchargers for proper operation.

Best of Luck!
I will be using this location when I visit relatives in St. Louis/Kirkwood.

The snow this morning halted work for a bit, but I talked to the workers yesterday when they had the auger attachment on the Bobcat drilling holes, and also had a trencher there working to run the high voltage underground feed to the transformer from a new power pole. I annotated this picture (taken today) with what I learned from the crew yesterday.

power poles.jpg

The snow this morning halted work for a bit, but I talked to the workers yesterday when they had the auger attachment on the Bobcat drilling holes, and also had a trencher there working to run the high voltage underground feed to the transformer from a new power pole. I annotated this picture (taken today) with what I learned from the crew yesterday.

Nice work! Did they happen to say anything about a timetable for the rest of the construction?

Nice work! Did they happen to say anything about a timetable for the rest of the construction?

No, not really, but they were worried about the forecast storm this weekend. The guy I talked to was from Kansas City, and had just recently joined the company doing the install. I got the impression that they want to finish quickly, since they are away from home. He ask me if I had a Tesla, (which I don't yet - but I will have a model X as soon as possible). He knew quite a bit about the cars and the upcoming model 3, but had not seen one yet. So, any of you Model S owners in the area, stop by and give them a look at one!

I'm not an electrician, but it didn't look to me like anything was on the new pole yet going underground.

On a good note, there are quite a few eating options very near this new site. Smash Burger, Taco Bell, Hardees, Bob Evans and Jack in the Box are all within a baseball's throw of the site. (Assuming you have a good arm.) There are more than that, but I didn't get all the names.