Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. Charles, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thursday morning update. Progress!
WP_20150319_07_38_02_Pro.jpg

WP_20150319_07_37_36_Pro.jpg

Looks like the electricians are done running the conduits.

Location of the transformer:
2015_03_20_1.jpg

Meter socket and what will be the equipment enclosure:
2015_03_20_2.jpg

Five charging pedestals propped up:
2015_03_20_3.jpg

Underground conduit elbow next to utility pole:
2015_03_20_4.jpg

Now we need the general contractor to come back and pour some concrete. I bet that doesn't happen until at least Monday.

Looks good. Concrete should pour out by the end of next week... including bad weather. Sooner if they get it poured ahead of the rain. Two or three days depending on how they chose to stage it plus a few days for the rain out on Wednesday. The following week will be setting the equipment and wiring. Things should be online shortly after that if Ameren has their side ready to go. I say two weeks and it could be online.... unless this is the first SC this contractor has done. Then they will be reading a lot of 'wire A goes in slot B' instructions.

Nothing to really add here - took pictures before I realized there was an update yesterday! :) It was a nice 70 degree and sunny day so a nice drive for sure. Hoping that the stalls are adjustable, they were all lopsided and definitely not straight. And as mentioned in an earlier post, these stations are on essentially a dug out section of a street. I almost was run over twice just walking from the Smash Burger parking section to the station to take some pictures. It's a blind corner around the building. Let's hope for some more progress this week!

2015-03-21-164334_resized.jpg
2015-03-21-164426_resized.jpg

Posts have leave-out around them, they will be cast in concrete (second picture in #85 above).
Then a concrete pad will be poured for the Supercharger equipment and racks.

Something has to be keeping those vinyl posts plumb and at the correct height until the slab is poured. It is indeed concrete:
2015_03_22_2.jpg

Fast-Setting Quikrete to be exact:
2015_03_22_1.jpg

A few form boards, and this slab can be poured:
2015_03_22_4.jpg

Are you using Nissan CHAdeMO in the St.Louis area? Which ones and do you have to call ahead?

I'm charging at this moment at the St Charles Nissan located around 5 miles west of the Supercharger site. Getting 105 amps at 359 volts. I did not call ahead, but it is a ChargePoint that costs $5 flat. I had some trouble the first time I went to use it (about two weeks ago, on the way out to Colorado). It wouldn't take my ChargePoint card. I called them, but they were quite convinced that this is not a ChargePoint location despite the two ChargePoint logos and the listing in their app. They transferred me to some other company (EvGo?), by they couldn't help.... Because it's a ChargePoint location. Happily, it took my ChargePoint card this time.

Ignoring the far superior speed of a Supercharger, I'm eager for the simplicity and reliability!

The power distribution cabinets (grey), and supercharger cabinets (white) have been placed on the slab:
2015_03_25_1.jpg

They have snaked mule tape through the conduits (but no wires yet). Here is a close up of the bus bars in the distribution cabinet:
2015_03_25_2.jpg

They are nearly done setting the forms for the concrete curb (with lots of re-bar). A precast slab for the transformer is on site:
2015_03_25_3.jpg

Yes, and you work VERY carefully with them, too; when you make a mistake near them, your life easily flashes by you in milliseconds. A couple of years ago, I know of a 2 MW data center project where a technician dropped something that should not have been dropped and sent a couple of people to the hospital from the resulting arc flash and burns, even with reasonable PPE.