Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. George, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jsight

Apr 5, 2018
Charleston
The icon looks like just the center of the city. There's a pilot station in St George that is on I95 and ~5 miles from I26. This would be much better for I26 traffic than the Santee detour.

Screenshot from 2021-04-22 12-29-39.png

• Informative
Reactions: DavidAsheville
The "Coming soon"* locations are always at the center of the named municipality. They do not reflect the actual location.

The Enmarket at I-26 125A in Harleyville, SC would make more sense for I-26. I-95

Pilot at I-95 78 would make sense for "replacing" Santee, SC.
* or not

• Funny
Reactions: mociaf9
The "Coming soon"* locations are always at the center of the named municipality. They do not reflect the actual location.

The Enmarket at I-26 125A in Harleyville, SC would make more sense for I-26. I-95

Pilot at I-95 78 would make sense for "replacing" Santee, SC.
* or not
Yeah, but the Enmarket is kind of a dump. My preference would actually be the Pilot station at the Bowman exit (159), but this is still vastly better than Santee.

Yeah, but the Enmarket is kind of a dump. My preference would actually be the Pilot station at the Bowman exit (159), but this is still vastly better than Santee.

To be honest, I don't think this one is for I-26 anyway. Hardeeville, SC to Santee, SC is 94.1 miles, which is the 2nd largest gap (94.9 is the largest) as Tesla's been filling in along I-95. I wouldn't be surprised if they were looking at the main St George, SC exit 77.

To be honest, I don't think this one is for I-26 anyway. Hardeeville, SC to Santee, SC is 94.1 miles, which is the 2nd largest gap (94.9 is the largest) as Tesla's been filling in along I-95. I wouldn't be surprised if they were looking at the main St George, SC exit 77.
I understand where you are coming from, but that would be an astoundingly bad decision. They are already planning to add Walterboro, which is on I95 and would also fill that gap.

The I26 gap is over 200 miles long.

It would really be nice if they'd build one in Spartanburg and Columbia along I-26.
This, this and so much this. I have to travel from Charleston to Greenville and back occasionally for business and the I-26 charging situation is a PITA. Something around Columbia or Chapin right off I-26 would be ideal. And Spartanburg is also needed for travel to Asheville, NC and back to Charleston.

Its confirmed as a location. Maybe someone can drive by and get a precise location? I probably won't be near there for the next few weeks or I'd do it.
Curses! I was really hoping St George would be at the Hwy 178 exit, although admittedly that exit doesn’t offer much. The Food Lion exit has more to offer but for us I-26 travelers it’s only moderately better than Santee.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
Its confirmed as a location. Maybe someone can drive by and get a precise location? I probably won't be near there for the next few weeks or I'd do it.
I'm not disputing your assertion, but how has it been confirmed and by whom? There hasn't been anything posted in this thread or anywhere else that has then been cited here as confirming the Food Lion as the St. George location.

Reactions: jsight
Confirmed St. George is under construction in the Food Lion Parking lot. Looks like 12 stalls, half are in and half just concrete posts. Probably a month or more to go for completion. Photo and location screen shot attached so @Chuq can add to Supercharge.info

Attachments

• 6429EA75-53E6-4E50-BE73-DBF646CDE752.jpeg
    6429EA75-53E6-4E50-BE73-DBF646CDE752.jpeg
    847.7 KB · Views: 89
  • ED09F7CE-C52A-495A-9620-C997A9A60B88.png
    ED09F7CE-C52A-495A-9620-C997A9A60B88.png
    540.6 KB · Views: 89