Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St George, UT - Convention Center Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SilverSp33d3r

No Longer Silver
May 23, 2018
LA
*** Moderator Note: The first 22 posts were moved to this thread from the previous St. George, UT Supercharger thread.***

St George has a new supercharger according to the touchscreen. Does not show how many stalls but it’s only 75kW?
Any locals wanna check it out?

St George has a new supercharger according to the touchscreen. Does not show how many stalls but it’s only 75kW?
Any locals wanna check it out?

Already did. There are actually 3 of the "urban" (75kW) Superchargers there, but I think only 2 are accessible, given the temporary pallet's location between parking spots. Tesla placed them there a couple of weeks ago. My guess (only a guess) is that perhaps they're thinking of installing more permanent units because the site is getting overcrowded, especially on weekends. These temporary units might be the first step…?

IMG_7476.jpeg

IMG_7477.jpeg

IMG_7478.jpeg

Already did. There are actually 3 of the "urban" (75kW) Superchargers there, but I think only 2 are accessible, given the temporary pallet's location between parking spots. Tesla placed them there a couple of weeks ago. My guess (only a guess) is that perhaps they're thinking of installing more permanent units because the site is getting overcrowded, especially on weekends. These temporary units might be the first step…?

View attachment 611900

View attachment 611901

View attachment 611903
I think he means this one
90ACEF37-9315-4C30-BFFD-9217E4739791.jpeg

I think he means this one
Aha! So Tesla has also dropped off 4 "urban" units by our Convention Center. I'll drive by there tomorrow and check them out.

This confirms my theory that they're planning to install more full-powered units here, probably even 250kW models. If this will be the new location, it will prove much easier for travelers to find, as it's right off the freeway.

Aha! So Tesla has also dropped off 4 "urban" units by our Convention Center. I'll drive by there tomorrow and check them out.

This confirms my theory that they're planning to install more full-powered units here, probably even 250kW models. If this will be the new location, it will prove much easier for travelers to find, as it's right off the freeway.

For what it’s worth the normal st George supercharger wasn’t showing on my map.

This is my hope! Visiting my parents in Kanab from Socal St George has been a major bottleneck the past few visits.
That location is so much better for us I-15 travelers.

For what it’s worth the normal st George supercharger wasn’t showing on my map.

That's odd. The original St. George Supercharger still shows up on my Navigation. Regardless, I went by our Convention center today, and —sure enough— Tesla has installed two temporary pallets there, with 4 operational 75kW "urban" units. (They each had a third unit, but those were wrapped with cellophane and thus unuseable. They had also placed weighted orange garbage cans, with the lids screwed on, in front of them as protective bumpers. It really wouldn't surprise me if Tesla will soon be installed a whole array of 250kW Superchargers at this location, and these urban models are the first step.

IMG_7612 2.png

IMG_7613 2.png

IMG_7614 2.png

IMG_7615 2.png

I don't think this is a simple Yes/No answer. Convention center is easily accessible but doesn't look like anything is around it other than a Cracker Barrel and some hotels. I like the Bluff St location for the variety of restaurants nearby but it's not as easy to get to. I like St. George and usually make a longer stop there to eat so would prefer Bluff St but it does get very busy and they are slow. Hopefully they keep that location and build out the convention center for those that just want a quick charge. Cedar City would also be a nice alternative but at 170 miles to Vegas that may be pushing it.

These pallet style urban Superchargers at the new location are the same as what Tesla used to reduce crowding at Beaver awhile back, before new stalls could be built. Although they include three pedestals, only two are ever active, which ones depending on the layout of the site. The ones at Beaver were limited to about 50 kW; I suppose it depends on the available electric supply.

Since my car maxes out at about 75 kW near empty, and rapidly tapers from there, I try to use these "slow" Superchargers and leave the faster ones to others who can benefit from them.

Ok, I don’t know if the people at Tesla were high when they tapped in the data, but S.L.C. shows at 150kW and St George as 250kW. lol

3A98F9B5-3CC8-4B7C-AD62-47D2E347D4CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf