Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St George, UT - Convention Center Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The Tesla web page lists this site as "4 Superchargers, available 24/7, up to 250kW". Mistake? Plans for the future?

Anyone been there in the last few days?
Almost certainly a mistake (these kinds of mistakes are quite common in my experience), but I can stop in and check later today.

The Tesla web page lists this site as "4 Superchargers, available 24/7, up to 250kW". Mistake? Plans for the future?

Anyone been there in the last few days?
The Nav says "up to 75kW" so I'm sure that's just a typo. I didn't bother stopping in. It was time for a coffee for me so I went to the older location.

Some good news for owners who have been frustrated by wait times at the few Superchargers in St. George on holiday weekends. It looks like last week Tesla opened a dozen new 250kW Superchargers in Mesquite, NV, at the Casa Blanca resort. One could reasonably drive from there to the Superchargers in Beaver, UT, (or Las Vegas going in the other direction) as an alternative. Nice!

Mesquite Superchargers.png

Some good news for owners who have been frustrated by wait times at the few Superchargers in St. George on holiday weekends. It looks like last week Tesla opened a dozen new 250kW Superchargers in Mesquite, NV, at the Casa Blanca resort. One could reasonably drive from there to the Superchargers in Beaver, UT, (or Las Vegas going in the other direction) as an alternative. Nice!

View attachment 744202
The Mesquite, NV supercharger has been open much longer than 1 week. supercharge.info says it opened Oct 27th and here's a post by @dgpcolorado charging on Nov 5th: Wiki - Superchargers Visited

Last edited:
Okay… I stopped by the site again early this afternoon, and there were no more workers or equipment. There was, however, one Model Y parked in front of a Supercharger. It was not plugged in, let alone charging, but perhaps they'd used it to just test the system earlier…?

IMG_4772.jpeg

The plugs were still tied up with orange string. As you can see, they're V.3 capable, but —unfortunately— do not boast "Magic Docks." They don't yet have power, as I tested one just to make sure.

IMG_4773.jpeg

I was very glad to see that, at all the entrances to the parking lot there are trash cans. Will owners who plug in there be conscientious enough to use them? Given my experience at our other local Supercharger site… I'm not gonna hold my breath. 😠

IMG_4776.jpeg

I anticipate that this new Supercharger site should go live in the very near future. Let's hope so!

Attachments

• IMG_4776.jpeg
    IMG_4776.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 18