Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St George, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you saying take 18-N then 56-E? Looks like a much longer drive than just going back to the 15.

Yes, there's a diagonal cut off between Enterprise & Newcastle that goes along the hill behind some farms - shortens it a little. And yes, it's definitely the "scenic route" - iow longer. For a even longer jaunt, go thru Snow Canyon on your way out of town (again, if you're headed north from the SC)
not short cuts, alternatives, and Beaver remains well within range.

Saw my first Telsa today at said supercharger. A gray beauty heading back home to CA (17 minutes of charging at the time, affording 82 miles). I think I'm in love...the size of the touchscreen is something else. I have to imagine it takes time to get accustomed to it so as to not be distracted. ;)

The St. George supercharging location is beautiful! I was in town to visit family (sans Tesla) and I snapped these pictures of the Supercharger stalls and the view from The Crepery. Big difference from the view I'm used to seeing along I-95!

Nice shots! The other day I saw all four stalls occupied here for the first time. Must've been a roadtrip weekend! The good news is that there are plenty of spaces to add more SuperChargers around the other side of the main equipment. They'll be needed, I'm sure!

If you're visiting family again in September, join us for the first NDEW in Southern Utah! I'd love to have several Teslas there alongside the Volts and LEAFs.

4S.jpg

Charged here today, June 22nd. Expansion is already underway to double the number of stalls from four to eight. Four temporary (portable) chargers have been set up at the end of the lot while they work in the area of the original stalls.

Yeah…! I must have missed you when I was there today. There was another white Model S, but charging on the other side of the first pallet, facing forwards. I think it was clever and considerate for Tesla to provide those temporary pallets. Funny thing: a worker told me that one lady in a Model X showed up and started chewing them out at the top of her lungs, not realizing that there were still chargers that she could use. I hope to chronicle the expansion and post it as "Part 2" for my blurb from nearly 3 years ago. I'm glad to see that they're going to reposition all the SuperChargers, as it is much more convenient to have them to the side of the cars, rather than behind them.

tesla_sc_new_positions.jpg

tesla_temp_sc_pallets.jpg

Just an update. When I went by the site this weekend, I was heartbroken to contemplate Supercharger cadavers. On the other hand, I was elated to see that the new Superchargers are all lined up on their concrete pedestals, only lacking the cables. The new cabinets were also mounted on their extended concrete base. It shouldn't be too long now before all 8 units are up-and-running!

tesla cadaver sc.JPG
tesla sc row.JPG
tesla sc cabinets.JPG

Just an update. When I went by the site this weekend, I was heartbroken to contemplate Supercharger cadavers. On the other hand, I was elated to see that the new Superchargers are all lined up on their concrete pedestals, only lacking the cables. The new cabinets were also mounted on their extended concrete base. It shouldn't be too long now before all 8 units are up-and-running!

Wow, the progress made in just a few days is amazing.

Looks like early this morning they laid asphalt around the pedestals, and this afternoon a team of electricians was pulling and connecting the wires. They had popped the covers back off, and I was amazed to see how many wires in each unit feed the single large charging cable. Yet that is nothing compared to what comes out of the cabinets! You have to admire electricians' skill to handle such projects.

tesla sc wires.JPG

tesla sc wire.jpg

tesla sc closeup.JPG

tesla sc cabinet wire.JPG

The new location is active? Is it an expansion of old location or a different spot? Perfect timing for my trip next week
Oh, yes, it has been active since June 28. It is an expansion of the site, with 8 spanking new Superchargers, repositioned so that they're to the side of the vehicles instead of behind them, like the original 4. If you're interested, I posted a narrative with photos of the project —which was completed in record time. I stopped by there two days ago, and three Model S were there, happily drinking away.

IMG_2216.jpg