Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. Johnsbury, VT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tga

Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2014
New Hampshire
From the agenda for the 3/24/22 meeting of the StJ Development Review Board (minutes not yet posted):

Application of Green Mountain Realty Trust by its agent for a Conditional Use Permit for a non-residential accessory structure/an EV charging station (1,200 electrical service/transformer; two supercharger cabinets; and eight DC fast charge posts) at 857 Memorial Drive (parcel 501-055). The parcel is located in a Commercial zoning district. Site plan review - section 203; and Commercial zoning district – section 312. Zoning ID#2022-012."

Location is in the Price Chopper parking lot at the intersection of Rt 5 and Hospital Dr, 1 mile off I-91 exit 22.

@MarcoRP, @Tdreamer is really falling down on the job these days, huh? :)

St Johnsbury, VT

Host Type: Supermarket
Host: Price Chopper
Interstates: I-91
US Numbered Highways: US-2, US-5
Interstates Spurs: None

I-91:
To: End (Canada at Derby Line, VT) - 45.8 miles
Diversion: 2 mile

Splitter! On I-91, splits the 109.7 mile gap from West Lebanon, VT to the end at the Canadian border at Derby Line, VT.

Also on US-2 and US-5 (, as well as being close to the north end of I-93.
(Will cover US-2 and US-5 later).

Big hole-filler.

Big hole-filler.
No kidding. I was heading to West Lebanon after a weekend in northern NH in Jan 2020. Plan was to stop at Lincoln and get enough to get across the Whites and get to W Leb. As is, I needed an hour at an L2 in Littleton NH to have enough of a buffer to get to Lincoln. With St J, I could have run a few miles north, then straight down 91.

I got to Lincoln to find it was down. Several Teslas were at the Loon L2's down the road, including one woman trying to get to Magog. She was stuck for a couple of hours at 48A. St Johnsbury would have been a huge time saver for her.

Reactions: PStewart and kayak1
Hey…. I checked last month and had it in my todo for this coming weekend. And the price chopper was one of the logical places there too. Great find, and thanks for sharing!
It was hidden - my normal periodic search of "site:stjvt.com Tesla" came up with nothing, as usual. Searching for "charging" found it. The notice doesn't mention Tesla by name, but does mention "supercharger cabinets", so I think it's a safe bet.

Plus, Tesla is the only one with announced plans for St J (coming soon pin) - EVgo has a single 50kW CCS/Chademo nearby (Danville), and Electrify America has no plans for the area that I can find.

It was hidden - my normal periodic search of "site:stjvt.com Tesla" came up with nothing, as usual. Searching for "charging" found it. The notice doesn't mention Tesla by name, but does mention "supercharger cabinets", so I think it's a safe bet.

Plus, Tesla is the only one with announced plans for St J (coming soon pin) - EVgo has a single 50kW CCS/Chademo nearby (Danville), and Electrify America has no plans for the area that I can find.
Very happy to see movement on this. This has personally been my most anticipated location for years.

The EVgo in Danville has been the only option - I've been the third Tesla in line waiting to get a charge on the CHAdeMO there. Beyond that it has been reliable for me when I'm in the area. It is definitely a long detour off of 91 though.

As far as being the only game in town, hopefully not. The state appears to have funded a project for Blink to build a DCFC station nearby in St. Johnsbury.

Nit: West Lebanon is in NH, to the east of the Connecticut river. (The VT side is White River Junction.) Not that that changes the mileage or anything...
Oh yes, I know, sorry. Actually we went to WRJ a couple of weekends ago. Sadly, the restaurant Elixir closed at the start of April. We ate at a Nepalese in Hanover, NH instead.

(I have a Kona, topped up in Farmington because we were traveling via Littleton, NH*, there's no DCFC after that on the route, and it was going to be cold and rainy later. Turned out I didn't need the fast charge, but we had a nice chat with a curious old guy in Farmington. A Tesla would have been easy, because of Bethel, ME)

Last edited:
Super excited for this one! We drive from Williston to the NEK a few times a year for skiing, biking, camping, or just a walk in the woods. In the past we've made do with an L2 charge while having dinner in StJ (though that charger on Pearl St. is now permanently offline) or an L2 charge at the Fairbanks Museum while spending an hour or two there with the kids. With this Supercharger a weekend at Burke (especially when it's as low as -16 as it was this winter) or even out to Maidstone will be no problem.

Reactions: tga and kayak1
The notice doesn't mention Tesla by name, but does mention "supercharger cabinets", so I think it's a safe bet.
Confirmed. I just exchanged emails with the StJ Zoning Administrator and asked what the outcome of the agenda item was, since the minutes weren't posted.

He said he would have the minutes posted and sent me a copy of permit #2022-012, issued on 3/26 to "Dewberry Engineers on behalf of Tesla, Inc."

Note the E-911 address on the permit is 2000 Memorial Drive, vs 857 Memorial Drive in the meeting agenda. 2000 is a smaller shopping center 1 mile north.

Confirmed. I just exchanged emails with the StJ Zoning Administrator and asked what the outcome of the agenda item was, since the minutes weren't posted.

He said he would have the minutes posted and sent me a copy of permit #2022-012, issued on 3/26 to "Dewberry Engineers on behalf of Tesla, Inc."

Note the E-911 address on the permit is 2000 Memorial Drive, vs 857 Memorial Drive in the meeting agenda. 2000 is a smaller shopping center 1 mile north.

Hmm. Really?

2000 Memorial Drive is the address of the Green Mountain Mall ("Green Mountain Small"?) which seems to be a dead/dying mall.
Very little there. DMV, a discount store, a brewery/brewpub that's only open 4pm-8pm Wed and Fri, and 1pm-8pm Sat & Sun.

Mall open until 9pm. I guess they'll be able to have the Supercharger wherever they want in the parking lot.