Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. Johnsbury, VT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm. Really?

2000 Memorial Drive is the address of the Green Mountain Mall ("Green Mountain Small"?) which seems to be a dead/dying mall.
Very little there. DMV, a discount store, a brewery/brewpub that's only open 4pm-8pm Wed and Fri, and 1pm-8pm Sat & Sun.

Mall open until 9pm. I guess they'll be able to have the Supercharger wherever they want in the parking lot.
Understood; I don't know why they are different. Might be something in the minutes (although their minutes are very light). The 3/24 Development Review Board agenda says 857 Memorial Drive, parcel 501-055. The permit says 2000 Memorial Drive, parcel 502-001. Both parcel #'s and street addresses match up on the tax map - https://www.axisgis.com/st_johnsburyvt/

Understood; I don't know why they are different. Might be something in the minutes (although their minutes are very light). The 3/24 Development Review Board agenda says 857 Memorial Drive, parcel 501-055. The permit says 2000 Memorial Drive, parcel 502-001. Both parcel #'s and street addresses match up on the tax map - https://www.axisgis.com/st_johnsburyvt/

My guess is Tesla, doesn't think that it's going to be a booming location requiring two Superchargers in 2022. That said it may require 16 plugs by 2030.

Minutes posted: http://docs.stjvt.com/index.php/tow...022-minutes-1/955-drb-minutes-2022-03-24/file

Not much there of interest to us. Relevant section is "Approved the Application on Green Mountain Realty Trust by it’s agent for a Conditional Use Permit for a non-residential accessory structure/ EV charging station at 857 Memorial Drive."

FWIW, note 857 (the address on the agenda), not 2000 (address on the permit).

I'll try to do a reconnaissance run in the next few days...
Well, "a few days" turned into almost 2 weeks, however it's definitely at 2000 Memorial Drive (address on the permit) vs 857 Memorial Drive (Price Chopper Plaza).

No sign of any construction at the Price Chopper Plaza, but construction is underway at 2000 Memorial Drive.

Correct location is 44.460841N, 72.014819W - west end of the southern island in the middle of the lot.

Nav system may have you take a left off Hospital Drive onto Depot Hill Rd, vs following Hospital Drive to Rt 5. Depot Hill Rd is a shortcut, but the road is in very poor shape. Might be better to take the long way, especially if you have big wheels.

1657494428997.png

View of site. Note trench and transformer vault/pad:

site.jpg

View from east end of construction through fence (oops):

trench.jpg

Closeup of vault/pad:

xfmr_vault.jpg

View of site and trench looking east:

trench_looking_east.jpg

View of trench looking west:

trench_looking_west.jpg

Well, "a few days" turned into almost 2 weeks, however it's definitely at 2000 Memorial Drive (address on the permit) vs 857 Memorial Drive (Price Chopper Plaza).

No sign of any construction at the Price Chopper Plaza, but construction is underway at 2000 Memorial Drive.

Correct location is 44.460841N, 72.014819W - west end of the southern island in the middle of the lot.

Nav system may have you take a left off Hospital Drive onto Depot Hill Rd, vs following Hospital Drive to Rt 5. Depot Hill Rd is a shortcut, but the road is in very poor shape. Might be better to take the long way, especially if you have big wheels.

View attachment 827211
Excellent. supercharge.info has been updated.

View attachment 827211

View of site. Note trench and transformer vault/pad:

View attachment 827201

View from east end of construction through fence (oops):

View attachment 827202

Closeup of vault/pad:

View attachment 827203

View of site and trench looking east:

View attachment 827204

View of trench looking west:

View attachment 827205
Sincerely appreciate these updates. Very helpful to see what’s going on. Thank you

Very happy to finally see a Supercharger in the NEK. Absolutely confused at the decision to put it at this nearly completely abandoned mall vs the Price Chopper right off the road. I wonder if the rent was free. It’s so far off the interstate it almost makes sense to utilize Route 5 to Lyndonville instead of backtracking back to 91.

Very happy to finally see a Supercharger in the NEK. Absolutely confused at the decision to put it at this nearly completely abandoned mall vs the Price Chopper right off the road. I wonder if the rent was free. It’s so far off the interstate it almost makes sense to utilize Route 5 to Lyndonville instead of backtracking back to 91.
Maybe some opportunity to get some new businesses in that location?

Supercharge.info/Mapbox
2 points on I-81N: 7.1 miles, 6:25
+ stop at St Johnsbury, VT Supercharger, heading back to I-81: 9.7 miles, 13:34
+ US-5N back to I-81N: 8.5 miles, 15:06

Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
Hmm. Really?

2000 Memorial Drive is the address of the Green Mountain Mall ("Green Mountain Small"?) which seems to be a dead/dying mall.
Very little there. DMV, a discount store, a brewery/brewpub that's only open 4pm-8pm Wed and Fri, and 1pm-8pm Sat & Sun.

Mall open until 9pm. I guess they'll be able to have the Supercharger wherever they want in the parking lot.
cheaper to rent for TSLA...then when new development for the space comes in, TSLA will continue to pay low leasing prices

Or, more likely this option was free like most supercharger locations.
Maybe. I disagree that most of the superchargers locations are free thought. There could be a few. The places I've been to, TSLA does have lease the spot due to plowing, maintenance requirements, etc...If it's in a parking lot of some stores or shops, most likely it's not free. Just like the one in West Lebanon. The Hooksett rest area is free, I think.

Last edited:
Swung by the install today. Looks like another pre-fab that’s going together quickly.

The mall at this point is completely closed and locked to the public. The only open stores were the Dollar Tree and Ocean State Job Lot. Dollar Tree is going to be your only bet for a bathroom here. Certainly an unusual location decision.
Thanks. I was thinking about checking it out this weekend, but given the lack of progress in the last 3 weeks of July, I figured "why bother?" I forgot how fast these prefab sites can come together.

Reactions: kayak1