TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - St Joseph Missouri

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by nickb411, Jun 27, 2018.

1. nickb411

nickb411 Member

Hey All,

This one is big for us to get from Lincoln, NE to Kansas City especially in the winter. Its been on the map as future supercharger for a while. Anyone know anything new about it? I've reached out to my contact at Tesla but he hasn't responded.

Nick

• Like x 1
  2. TCIslandTime

TCIslandTime Member

Would love to travel Kansas City to Fort Collins via Nebraska instead of Kansas. But we need the St. Joe supercharger.

3. IdaX

IdaX Member

IMG_7622.JPG I'm here at the HyVee in St Joseph, MO, 201 N Belt Hwy, to use the chargepoint CHAdeMO. And look what I discovered! Tesla Superchargers, behind fence but transformers there so this can't be far from ready to activate!!

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 4
  4. IdaX

IdaX Member

IMG_7624.JPG IMG_7625.JPG IMG_7626.JPG 7 old-style, power sharing 120kW charger posts installed. Presumably will add an 8th front-in somewhere? There is a power meter here, but looks like not fully connected yet. @BlueShift

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  5. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare PlugShare Maniac & Active Member

Nice catch @IdaX! I’ve rotated the photos to make it easier for you guys to see E275F3DD-B3A7-4823-AAAE-1232153251F9.jpeg E0DF12E8-EA70-486E-A151-4FB643F40292.jpeg 18E31814-B030-486B-A29A-6D0A4315189C.jpeg D196C746-6014-4E69-83E0-3DB3493367E9.jpeg

• Helpful x 2
  6. W0QR

W0QR Member

OMG, I'm so happy!

• Love x 2
  7. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

The 8th stall will be a pull-in stall next to the cabinet (near side of the photos). You can see the conduit sticking out of the ground where the bollard will go.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. UBQP

UBQP Member

This location by Hy-Vee is very good. There are also restaurants close by, a car wash and a Starbucks across the street. It's not right off the I-29 highway, but it's not far. It'll be great for North / South traffic, especially going south towards KC in cold, windy weather. The wind from the south can be steady and strong.

• Helpful x 2
  9. mwesterheide

mwesterheide Member

B0DCEA6F-20B8-4B79-A9F5-B2F07D595864.jpeg Just a photo update, taken yesterday.

• Like x 6
    • Informative x 1
  10. Trips

Trips "Boring bonehead questions are not cool. Next?"

Are those positioned for parking on both sides? My other thought was that they would work well for the Tesla next to a Porsche.

11. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare PlugShare Maniac & Active Member

Yes

12. mociaf9

mociaf9 Member

Yay, looks like the meter and the transformer are now installed. Can't tell if they're powered yet. The only actual construction things left to do that I can see are installing a light pole (on that yellow base), mounting the missing EV parking signs for that one pair of slots on the light pole, and repainting the parking lines. Plus any remaining inspections and Tesla's commissioning. Should be opening pretty soon.

For anyone in the area: if you go by to check it out, be sure to get a close up look/picture of the meter so we can see if the power has already been turned on. That would indicate that the final electrical inspections have already been passed.

• Helpful x 3
  13. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Member

Interesting and great find.

14. kwjayhawk

kwjayhawk Member

Anyone local been to check this out lately? I’m headed to Omaha from KC and would love not to have to stop in Parkville to top off. If not I’ll take a look on Friday and report back.

15. mwesterheide

mwesterheide Member

The superchargers are now listed on Plugshare.com for the site and for what its worth I have a relative in St. Joseph who thinks they are done. I ask her to take a second look and make sure there aren't any cones around them. I'll post her response when I get it.

• Informative x 1
  16. mociaf9

mociaf9 Member

If the TESLA logos aren't lit up, ask her to check whether the meter is on yet (should show numbers in the display even if all zeros), whether the light pole has been installed and has a Tesla parking sign on it, and whether the parking lines have been repainted. Thanks.

17. NavyNuke

NavyNuke New Member

IMG_20181031_174504.jpg IMG_20181031_174526.jpg Status as of now. I work in Saint Joseph so I'll post updates whenever I can, and if I see any changes.

• Helpful x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  18. MSEV

MSEV Member

Sorry in advance if this has been asked before. Is this the Hy-Vee with the CHAdeMO fast charger around on the side?

19. Darkweb

Darkweb Member

Yes

20. kwjayhawk

kwjayhawk Member

I am heading up to Omaha tomorrow. I think I'll have to stop at Parkville to get enough juice to the Council Bluff station. I will try the St. Joe Hyvee on the way home Saturday.