Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St Joseph Missouri

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,

This one is big for us to get from Lincoln, NE to Kansas City especially in the winter. Its been on the map as future supercharger for a while. Anyone know anything new about it? I've reached out to my contact at Tesla but he hasn't responded.

Nick

Reactions: MarkeR2002
IMG_7622.JPG
I'm here at the HyVee in St Joseph, MO, 201 N Belt Hwy, to use the chargepoint CHAdeMO. And look what I discovered! Tesla Superchargers, behind fence but transformers there so this can't be far from ready to activate!!

This location by Hy-Vee is very good. There are also restaurants close by, a car wash and a Starbucks across the street. It's not right off the I-29 highway, but it's not far. It'll be great for North / South traffic, especially going south towards KC in cold, windy weather. The wind from the south can be steady and strong.

• Helpful
Reactions: MarkeR2002 and IdaX
View attachment 346850 Just a photo update, taken yesterday.

Yay, looks like the meter and the transformer are now installed. Can't tell if they're powered yet. The only actual construction things left to do that I can see are installing a light pole (on that yellow base), mounting the missing EV parking signs for that one pair of slots on the light pole, and repainting the parking lines. Plus any remaining inspections and Tesla's commissioning. Should be opening pretty soon.

For anyone in the area: if you go by to check it out, be sure to get a close up look/picture of the meter so we can see if the power has already been turned on. That would indicate that the final electrical inspections have already been passed.

The superchargers are now listed on Plugshare.com for the site and for what its worth I have a relative in St. Joseph who thinks they are done. I ask her to take a second look and make sure there aren't any cones around them. I'll post her response when I get it.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
The superchargers are now listed on Plugshare.com for the site and for what its worth I have a relative in St. Joseph who thinks they are done. I ask her to take a second look and make sure there aren't any cones around them. I'll post her response when I get it.
If the TESLA logos aren't lit up, ask her to check whether the meter is on yet (should show numbers in the display even if all zeros), whether the light pole has been installed and has a Tesla parking sign on it, and whether the parking lines have been repainted. Thanks.