Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St Joseph Missouri

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My mom was passing through, so I told her to take some pictures. She did a pretty good job for not knowing what the hell I was talking about. Looks to still be taped off and not powered on.

Attachments

• download_20181101_195037.jpg
    download_20181101_195037.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 171
  • download_20181101_195041.jpg
    download_20181101_195041.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 142
  • download_20181101_195039.jpg
    download_20181101_195039.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 156
  • download_20181101_195043.jpg
    download_20181101_195043.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
My mom was passing through, so I told her to take some pictures. She did a pretty good job for not knowing what the hell I was talking about. Looks to still be taped off and not powered on.
2 photos of the meter and one of an unfinished lightpole? Seems your mother probably didn’t know exactly what you were talking about :p
Thanks for posting!

• Funny
Reactions: MarkeR2002
2 photos of the meter and one of an unfinished lightpole? Seems your mother probably didn’t know exactly what you were talking about :p
Thanks for posting!
No, that was perfect. Those were exactly the shots we needed to see if progress had been made since the last visit (or they would have been if @NavyNuke hadn't just beaten him to the punch). It showed that the meter was hot and therefore that the final electrical inspection had already taken place and been passed (maybe a conditional pass until the missing light pole is installed). We had seen that the physical meter was installed previously but not if the electricity was turned on--i.e. numbers showing. So, we needed to see a close-up to tell whether the electrical service was finally on. It's still all zeroed out because Tesla hasn't gone out to commission the site and used its first electrons yet. But that it's showing anything at all means that the site is hot. Now it looks like all that's left is installation of that missing light pole (with signs), painting of the parking lines, installing the wheel stops, and then Tesla's commissioning.

So FINALLY a new update on the St. Joe super charger- as I was chademoing yesterday at the Hyvee I saw people working on the supercharger and got a chance to talk to the workers. They were actually removing all the stalls for some electrical rework- but after talking with the Midwest Supercharger manager he said they should be done with it next week- but didn't know when the commissioning date will be and has no way to find that out. Just drove by tonight and they did a lot in that 24 hours- stalls back in place, parking spots painted, and light pole up with the meter still on. Looks pretty close to being done!

I asked at the Liquor Store checkout at HyVee today and they said it was scheduled to be done 16 Nov, two days after the pictures above. I'll believe that when I see it, but it does look very close! I am surprised that the parking spaces chosen are actually pretty good spaces, i.e. a better chance of being ICE'd than if they'd been in the adjoining lot.

Although.... Maybe at a reduced capacity? 2 model s left as I was pulling in. I feel like I should be charging much faster than this for where I started charging at right? (unless the.... 38F temp is having some kind of effect?) Anyone know if this is normal with new superchargers? Also doesn't show up in my Tesla's map yet as a supercharger.
IMG_20181119_175845.jpg

Although.... Maybe at a reduced capacity? 2 model s left as I was pulling in. I feel like I should be charging much faster than this for where I started charging at right? (unless the.... 38F temp is having some kind of effect?) Anyone know if this is normal with new superchargers? Also doesn't show up in my Tesla's map yet as a supercharger.
Was your battery cold? If you hadn't been driving for a good while (30-40 min.? of regular driving) prior to plugging in, at that ambient temp your battery temp would likely be low enough to result in reduced power supercharging. Or maybe that stall has an issue?

Was your battery cold? If you hadn't been driving for a good while (30-40 min.? of regular driving) prior to plugging in, at that ambient temp your battery temp would likely be low enough to result in reduced power supercharging. Or maybe that stall has an issue?
Usually on the first tries, the charger goes at reduced speed (60kW)

I charged there yesterday afternoon (I got 70kw max, but my battery was pretty full). I wonder if they are painting the parking spot lines. That's the only thing I noticed that was remaining. I'll be back through tomorrow, and it's good to know I shouldn't rely on it!

The lot was very full yesterday, and nobody was parked in the Tesla parking, which was good to see! Also, I didn't think about this, but the HyVee has the typical restaurant/chinese area, so it's a decent place to stop to eat if you want to kill some time.