Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. Louis Park, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not asking this as a joke, but have people ransacked this Target yet?

It's a smaller Target so they tend to be out of things more than other Targets. It's close to my house so it's the one we use, but my wife has observed many times over the years that the selection at this Target is smaller than at others. Lately, we've been using their curbside delivery service. Oddly, there are somethings they won't bring out; you have to go inside to get them, e.g., caulk.

I stopped at the SC last night and indeed, as @Bg2580 pointed out, only half of the chargers are lit up and have power. I plugged in my 2014 Model S (i.e., not a fast charger) and was getting 29kw, which is pretty modest, but I only charged for a couple of minutes and my battery was already 3/5 full, so not a great test scenario.

Update as of 6p yesterday. The four lighted chargers are still the only ones working. On my car they aren’t showing up yet so I couldn’t precondition the battery for charging but did get 203 kW briefly at 17% battery which for my mid range model 3 is the highest yet. I started at 17% and my video which I took takes all of 11 seconds to flip from 18 to 19% battery charge. Gives you a sense of how quickly the v3 chargers can charge.

Reactions: starman27
Update as of 6p yesterday. The four lighted chargers are still the only ones working. On my car they aren’t showing up yet so I couldn’t precondition the battery for charging but did get 203 kW briefly at 17% battery which for my mid range model 3 is the highest yet. I started at 17% and my video which I took takes all of 11 seconds to flip from 18 to 19% battery charge. Gives you a sense of how quickly the v3 chargers can charge.

so the ones that are working are charging at full correct v3 speed then?

I tried 3 stalls today. 2 worked. 1 didn't.

I only got 56kw, but I was > 70% so that may have been all my car could take. However Scan my Tesla app said max charge power should have been 84kw.

Also interestingly, it looks like the change was Free! Is that how it normally works? Tesla doesn't start charging fees until the official opening?

As far as speeds go, I charged on the third stall from the road yesterday, and was most definitely getting v3 speeds.
IMG_20200609_145302.jpg

Reactions: MattChristian
Can anyone say high traffic area??? Backing into a stall here is straight up risky. Tesla really butchered the parking lot location for this one...

Yes, I've had the same thought. It would have been better if they could have put them, say 50 meters SE at the back of the parking lot along Park Center Blvd. Would have been out of the way of the Target traffic. But perhaps there wasn't enough land there to place the cabinets and other equipment.