Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. Louis Park, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 458127 Future planned locations “subject to change” of course.

I’m sure most of these are within walking distance of Starbucks. The official coffee shop of all Tesla owners.
Quixotic > Bootstrap > Spyhouse > Caribou > Starbucks, imo
But I agree, it's not a bad place to kill 40 minutes just about any day.

A few 72kW urban chargers near my favorite coffee shop(s) would be mana from heaven lol. I'd buy sooo much coffee

Not sure if this is relevant to the Supercharger or not, but a larger part of the parking lot on the side of the building has been closed off.

Attachments

• 4DE740F4-1D1F-43D4-A15E-86B343A4D1F8.jpeg
    4DE740F4-1D1F-43D4-A15E-86B343A4D1F8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 213
Not sure if this is relevant to the Supercharger or not, but a larger part of the parking lot on the side of the building has been closed off.
Drove by late last night. No markings or flags in the section of the lot that they were measuring. The section that is closed off now has a single shipping container on it like we've seen at a few other new SC locations. Maybe they're using that spot for staging/storage? Or maybe that's where the chargers are going? I'll swing by again on Monday night.

Drove by late last night. No markings or flags in the section of the lot that they were measuring. The section that is closed off now has a single shipping container on it like we've seen at a few other new SC locations. Maybe they're using that spot for staging/storage? Or maybe that's where the chargers are going? I'll swing by again on Monday night.

When I was there last Friday, the fellow from the electrical contractor said it would be on the western edge of the lot. If you go there, you can see Xcel energy has marked (with flags) nearby where their power lines are, and that's where the fellow said the power would come from, where the transformer would go, etc. Center Point Energy (gas) also has flags out there by the road. There are no such flags over by that section of the lot on the east side of the building. So, my bet is on temp storage/staging, or that it nothing to do with the SCs.

Several more shipping containers. There is writing on duct tape on the side of the containers that list models like "WF-3821" and "MF7000". My guess is electrical supplies. I did a google search and MF 7000 could be medium-frequency power supply and WF-3821 could be an electric fuel pump. While an electric fuel pump wouldn't be used for gas, it could be used for V3 liquid cooling in theory.

Attachments

• OCwtvqrWRj+gpcKFviPWQw.jpg
    OCwtvqrWRj+gpcKFviPWQw.jpg
    765 KB · Views: 171
Several more shipping containers. There is writing on duct tape on the side of the containers that list models like "WF-3821" and "MF7000". My guess is electrical supplies. I did a google search and MF 7000 could be medium-frequency power supply and WF-3821 could be an electric fuel pump. While an electric fuel pump wouldn't be used for gas, it could be used for V3 liquid cooling in theory.

I count six containers in that pic. That seems like a lot of storage space to build just six superchargers. But perhaps not?

I count six containers in that pic. That seems like a lot of storage space to build just six superchargers. But perhaps not?
My only thought is that they will probably have to put in lighting poles as that is a dark side of the lot. That is probably why they have scissor lifts too.

I do not have enough posts yet to publish an image. However, they are pouring the last pedestals today after a rainy back half of last week set them back. There are also two posts setup for ChargePointe charging stations in addition to the 8 Supercharging stations. The ChargePointe stations are at the request of Target. You can view what this will look like if you check out the Alexandria, MN Supercharger build.

Not allowed to post pics yet but went by tonight. Concrete is poured around all the pedestal locations as well as the 2 pads for the cabinets. The pad for the transformer isn't poured yet, wondering if they're waiting to run the wires to the connection point with the grid? Can confirm what SPNorth said about 8 supercharging spots plus 2 chargepoint stations. They also poured the base for some street lights which is nice as it's a pretty dark corner.

I found the following because I had searched for other One Call tickets opened by the same caller who did the requests for the supercharger construction in ND and Alexandria. That led me to the possible electrical permit.

One Call underground utilities locate request for excavation to install electric service on behalf of Tesla at the Target store in St. Louis Park. Ticket #192620550.

St. Louis Park electrical permit: SL289407
Description: super charger electrical work- conduit runs, meter socket, wiring and grounding
View attachment 456955

Address: 3601 State Highway 100 (MN-100), St Louis Park, MN 55416
GPS:44.935964, -93.347857

@BlueShift @Chuq @MarcoRP

I can confirm it’s going in the lot of target drove by it the other day and asked a worker. You can see the electrical for each stall and where the battery packs will be housed.

• Disagree
Reactions: MikeMacMan