Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. Louis Park, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Further south could really use something. Coming from Northern Iowa and going to the airport frequently, there's not a good place to charge. The other thing Minneapolis needs is some remote parking places with EV charging! I can't find anything.

This is a real issue, You can't trust there will be a working spot at the airport. I reached out to a couple of the off-site airport park and rides but didn't get anything back from any of them. I'd switch as soon as someone offered something!

Reactions: mchawk
This is a real issue, You can't trust there will be a working spot at the airport. I reached out to a couple of the off-site airport park and rides but didn't get anything back from any of them. I'd switch as soon as someone offered something!

Worthy of note: I did recently talk to a source at MSP, and they said that the new silver ramp (currently under construction) will have up to 50 new EV charging stations. Hopefully that will help, although in the coming years they may quickly fill up as well.

Reactions: mchawk and MarkoC
Worthy of note: I did recently talk to a source at MSP, and they said that the new silver ramp (currently under construction) will have up to 50 new EV charging stations. Hopefully that will help, although in the coming years they may quickly fill up as well.

This will definitely help. It is amazing how fast the usage of the chargers has increased in the last 18 months. With the new gigafactory in China more capacity will be available in North America, we're likely to see a lot of new Teslas in 2020.

Stopped by today. No change in status, just more snow on the ground. Looks like a nice spot to charge, but the access from 100 isn't ideal, especially driving south bound. It'll see a lot of use, though, for sure.
I saw the same "progress" Friday. Access tip from SB or NB 100: Exit on 36th and enter Target parking lot from the north. It's pretty quick.

Look what showed up today!

Attachments

• D95D7048-4DCB-4B12-93E8-8063D4837D81.jpeg
    D95D7048-4DCB-4B12-93E8-8063D4837D81.jpeg
    294.7 KB · Views: 237
  • 51434BDB-02E7-42C8-BD1D-AC203B34C730.jpeg
    51434BDB-02E7-42C8-BD1D-AC203B34C730.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 68
  • 8913C02B-E93B-491F-BB12-4B563D914CE2.jpeg
    8913C02B-E93B-491F-BB12-4B563D914CE2.jpeg
    346.1 KB · Views: 85
If Tesla is being resourceful, they have a separate crew dedicated to ND and West and another dedicated to MN and East. They have two other locations in the Twin Cities permitted and some in WI, let's get to work!

Reports from the Montana threads indicate that they're going to be starting from the west and working east through North Dakota this summer. I think this would be a different crew.

Nice to see what looks like a level 2 charger there as well!

I'm thinking as time goes on you get more of a mix of chargers at locations you can choose based on why you're stopping.

Roadtrip? You'll choose at least 250kW as you only have time to stop in to grab a coffee.

Grocery shopping? You might want the 50kW because you've got a long list and don't want to incur idle fees if the charge finishes faster.

I'm thinking as time goes on you get more of a mix of chargers at locations you can choose based on why you're stopping.

Roadtrip? You'll choose at least 250kW as you only have time to stop in to grab a coffee.

Grocery shopping? You might want the 50kW because you've got a long list and don't want to incur idle fees if the charge finishes faster.
That was something I was thinking too. On a road trip, with Level 3, either you only get fast food or you have to order then run out and move the car before your meal arrives.

That was something I was thinking too. On a road trip, with Level 3, either you only get fast food or you have to order then run out and move the car before your meal arrives.

Do you mean V3, or level 3?

My experience with V2 superchargers is that it gives you just enough time to sit down to a meal if you're doing a 10% to 90% type of charge. I haven't used a V3 that's running full speed yet, so I don't know how that changes the equation.