Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. Louis Park, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
I found the following because I had searched for other One Call tickets opened by the same caller who did the requests for the supercharger construction in ND and Alexandria. That led me to the possible electrical permit.

One Call underground utilities locate request for excavation to install electric service on behalf of Tesla at the Target store in St. Louis Park. Ticket #192620550.
Original Call Date: 09/19/19 07:49 am
Work to Begin Date: 09/23/19 08:00 am
Expiration Date: 10/07/19 08:00 am

Company Name: PREMIER BUILDERS GC
Caller: TOM EARLY

Type of Work: INSTALL ELECTRIC SERVICE
Work Being Done For: TESLA
Address: 3601
Street: STATE HWY 100

St. Louis Park electrical permit: SL289407
Description: super charger electrical work- conduit runs, meter socket, wiring and grounding
Supercharger- St Louis Park, MN_permit.JPG

Address: 3601 State Highway 100 (MN-100), St Louis Park, MN 55416
GPS:44.935964, -93.347857

@BlueShift @Chuq @MarcoRP

That address is for a Target. The new Robinsdale Supercharger is so close to this site that it seems unlikely to me. I hope you're right, but my guess is its some J1772's at Target and the term, "super charger" has just become a colloquialism. I live really close, I'll keep my eye on the site.

• Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke
That address is for a Target. The new Robinsdale Supercharger is so close to this site that it seems unlikely to me. I hope you're right, but my guess is its some J1772's at Target and the term, "super charger" has just become a colloquialism. I live really close, I'll keep my eye on the site.

Tesla themselves don't go get permits for J1772s, the leave L2 chargers for 3rd parties to deal with. If you see TESLA as the client on the permit, it's a Supercharger.

Reactions: starman27
  1. Even after having been updated to show that Robbinsdale is live, Tesla still has a "Coming Soon" pin in St. Louis Park on their web map which shows future planned superchargers.
  2. The person and company that called for the utilities to be marked, Tom Early from Premier Builders GC, is the same person and company who, in the last month, also did so in preparation for the digging at the current supercharger construction sites in Dickinson and Bismarck, ND. He also did so yesterday for Alexandria, MN, which is likely to break ground in the next week or two (and maybe as early as Monday). They've also done the same for a handful of other past superchargers which are already complete.
  3. Target is one of Tesla's longstanding partners when it comes to supercharger hosting; Tesla has installed lots of superchargers in Target parking lots.
So, on the whole, I think there's a pretty good chance that this will be a supercharger.

1. Even after having been updated to show that Robbinsdale is live, Tesla still has a "Coming Soon" pin in St. Louis Park on their web map which shows future planned superchargers.
  2. The person and company that called for the utilities to be marked, Tom Early from Premier Builders GC, is the same person and company who, in the last month, also did so in preparation for the digging at the current supercharger construction sites in Dickinson and Bismarck, ND. He also did so yesterday for Alexandria, MN, which is likely to break ground in the next week or two (and maybe as early as Monday). They've also done the same for a handful of other past superchargers which are already complete.
  3. Target is one of Tesla's longstanding partners when it comes to supercharger hosting; Tesla has installed lots of superchargers in Target parking lots.
So, on the whole, I think there's a pretty good chance that this will be a supercharger.

That is a pretty compelling case. If Superchargers are that close/dense, EV's have a very bright future. I'm by that Target a few times a week, I'll even check later today for anything and report back. There is a Byerlys there too, high end grocery, and a nice park/walking trail. A few restaurants, a CVS, and Trader Joes's are about a 1/2 mile away. Overall, that would be a decent spot. I've got my hopes up!

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
And Micro Center is just across the highway. So If you are into building PCs it's the best store around by far. Best Buy doesn't hold a candle to them. The only better PC/tech stores I've ever been to were in Akihabara JP.

Micro Center is a big plus (and Best Buy really isn't even in the same realm). Although I don't believe I could possibly spend a short enough amount of time in Micro Center to not rack up idle fees at the Supercharger, especially if it's V3.

I live near this Target, so I went over to see if I could find any markings. Instead, there was a guy from an electrical contractor taking some measurements. I asked if he were measuring for Tesla equipment and he said yes, Super Chargers! He said they're putting in six SCs plus two L2 chargers. He said construction should start in three weeks, although they don't have the equipment from Tesla yet. I assume he means three weeks from next Monday which would put it at Oct. 14. I asked if he knew if they were "true" super chargers or Tesla's lower power urban chargers; he seemed pretty confident they were SCs, and that he thought they were going to v3 chargers.

He also said that a SC is supposed to be installed at some Target in Minneapolis proper (he didn't know which one) but that Tesla & Target were still working on the lease arrangements, so he didn't know when that would happen.

Attachments

• slp-target-sc-location.-30.jpg
    slp-target-sc-location.-30.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_20190920_160329307_HDR-30.jpg
    IMG_20190920_160329307_HDR-30.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 144
  • google-map-target-parking-lot-tesla-scs-50.png
    google-map-target-parking-lot-tesla-scs-50.png
    556 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20190920_160421074_HDR-30.jpg
    IMG_20190920_160421074_HDR-30.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
This is amazing and only 2 minutes from my home! While the HyVee in Robbinsdale is great to have, it's not in the best or safest area. I see at least 2 drug deals going on in the parking lot every time I am there, which is not something you want families to be around while charging.

• Informative
Reactions: MikeMacMan
This is amazing and only 2 minutes from my home! While the HyVee in Robbinsdale is great to have, it's not in the best or safest area. I see at least 2 drug deals going on in the parking lot every time I am there, which is not something you want families to be around while charging.
I’ve been to the Robbinsdale supercharger at least 20 times and I’ve never felt remotely unsafe.

I've been there a half-dozen times or so, but I too have never felt unsafe. If you look at the area in Google Streetview, economically it looks much better today than it did when Google took their pics.
Was there twice on my trip to Minnesota last week and didn't feel unsafe. I'm glad others found the original post claiming otherwise to be off the mark.

Reactions: MarkoC
I am very glad to hear that not everyone has the same observations while charging. I tend to go weeknights between 7-9 PM.

Anyway, I will try to grab some photos later today as this location is very close to my home and the permit states work is supposed to start today in some fashion.

I am very glad to hear that not everyone has the same observations while charging. I tend to go weeknights between 7-9 PM.

Anyway, I will try to grab some photos later today as this location is very close to my home and the permit states work is supposed to start today in some fashion.

Do you not have the ability to home charge?
It’s much better for your battery health long term and cheaper.