Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Stafford, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 9.02.58 AM.png
Stafford, Virginia was added to the list of new Supercharger locations coming soon. The Tesla site says Q2 of 2021. I was unable to determine where it would be located. Here is a link to the county permit site: Stafford County IWR if anyone else wants to try and find it. There was 1 permit named Tesla but it looked like a residential permit.

With as much traffic and Tesla growth over the next few years in the DC Metro/I-95, it seems a bit weird that they're only doing 8 stalls at the Wawa... Seems like they could easily do 12, 16+ stalls at the Target shopping center across the street. Maybe that will happen down the road.

With as much traffic and Tesla growth over the next few years in the DC Metro/I-95, it seems a bit weird that they're only doing 8 stalls at the Wawa... Seems like they could easily do 12, 16+ stalls at the Target shopping center across the street. Maybe that will happen down the road.
I agree! Would make much more sense to have it at the Target. There's lots of space there, plus Tesla and Target have partnered with bringing SCs to Target locations in some cities.

Tesla Supercharger Network Partners With Target Stores In 45 Cities

Found a permit for the Stafford, VA Supercharger scheduled to open in Q2 2021. It will be located at the Wawa on 105 Garrisonville Rd.

Stafford IWR

Will add on Supercharge Info

Awesome, thanks! I agree with some of the other sentiments. This Wawa is tight and I imagine people will park in the Tesla stalls to run in the store real quick when it's busy. Unless they create a new row of parking which may be possible: imgur.com (ps the cars you see parked in the grass are from the Toyota dealership next door)

Reactions: Johnny Vector
I've added this location to Plugshare with as much info as it allows me to. I noticed that other Tesla Supercharging location icons are of a burnt orange color, while the one I created is green. I'm not too familiar with adding stations on Plugshare, so if any one out there is, please feel free to edit. Thanks!
Link below:

I've added this location to Plugshare with as much info as it allows me to. I noticed that other Tesla Supercharging location icons are of a burnt orange color, while the one I created is green. I'm not too familiar with adding stations on Plugshare, so if any one out there is, please feel free to edit. Thanks!
Link below:
Plugshare usually pulls the info from the Tesla database so I suspect your add will be overwritten shortly.

Very busy location when we hit it today, I saw at one point 2 people waiting to charge and I wish they would have made it 12 stalls instead of 8. A little bit tricky to get into coming to location driving South on 95 since you can't make an immediate left into the Wawa and you have to go up to the next light and then make a left and loop back around a block into the backside of it.

With v3 it was fast charging but I feel as though this spot is only going to get more popular as more people get a Tesla

1650847314275.jpeg

Very busy location when we hit it today, I saw at one point 2 people waiting to charge and I wish they would have made it 12 stalls instead of 8. A little bit tricky to get into coming to location driving South on 95 since you can't make an immediate left into the Wawa and you have to go up to the next light and then make a left and loop back around a block into the backside of it.

With v3 it was fast charging but I feel as though this spot is only going to get more popular as more people get a Tesla

That’s becoming a problem everywhere. They’re selling cars faster than they can build/expand charging stations.