TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger stalls available inaccurate

Discussion in 'North America' started by EVSteve, Jun 12, 2018.

?

Have you arrived at a supercharger to find the number of plugs available does not match the screen?

Poll closed Jul 12, 2018.
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. EVSteve

EVSteve 110% Solar Powered

So this Tuesday morning at 4am on my way home from work I noticed nearly all of the stalls at the local supercharger were full. Seemed odd for this area so I swung by to see if there really were 6 Teslas supercharging. Sure enough the entire SC was empty.

I’m posting this because this is not the first instance at this location. Do other Superchargers experience issues reporting an accurate vehicle count this frequently? I did verify my lte connection was working.

0AB567DD-4CA8-4798-97B6-A25A19F74097.jpeg

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. ai4px

ai4px Member

The Columbia SC super-de-duper-charger shows 2 in use because bay 3a/3b is broken. That picture from Allentown is certainly over the top.

3. tga

tga Supporting Member

I've noticed there seems to be some hysteresis - stalls seem to be marked "in use" faster than they are marked "empty" leading to higher in-use counts than reality.

4. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

I've noticed this as well. The availability seems very pessimistic lately, showing the stations a lot more occupied than reality.

5. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2018.32.4

We drove about 750 miles over the weekend and the Supercharger counts were wrong at every Supercharger. Most showed 5 or 6 stalls in use when there were really 6 to 8 stalls available.

6. Bitjockey

Bitjockey Member

I saw this twice this weekend at Port Huron, indicating both times 2 of 8 were available, when in fact all were empty.

7. SageBrush

SageBrush 2018: Drain the Sewer

Multiple threads on this topic. So far I think every post has noted more OPEN stalls than reported by the App.

• Disagree x 1
  8. EVSteve

EVSteve 110% Solar Powered

Yes there are now but when I made the thread there weren’t.

• Disagree x 1