Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Staten Island, NY - Richmond Ave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Off topic from our eternal wait for the Richmond Ave Supercharger station....

I got a screw in my right rear tire I guess today. The car is drivable for now, but the tire needs a plug. Anyone recommend a place on Staten Island that knows the proper way to jack up the car so the wheel/tire can be removed and repaired? Fixing the tire is simple, but I definitely have concerns about where someone places that jack. (I know there are very specific spots.)

Anyway, any help is appreciated.
Just reply to my own message:

The Pep Boys by Bloomingdale Road have the pucks for Teslas. They were able to plug the hole in the tire with no issue. In fact, the guy did it while it was on the lift.

Any updates on this charger?
Went by there are few days ago... no change. Also though, the Stop and Shop is doing work itself, the area around where the new transformer is to go (see the last photo I posted) is a mess...almost no room to work.

Meanwhile, 4th Gen/350kw chargers have made their first appearance in the US and this one here sits in pretty much the same state since around April.

It's December now for god's sake, still no updates on this charger?
Well, a bit of an update. This goes back a couple of weeks but since it didn't make too much of a difference, I didn't post anything.

I was able to get in contact with someone at Tesla who is a project developer for northeast supercharger installations. She was very nice and replied back that this charger should've been done already, but there have been delays that are beyond Tesla's control.

I think the major issue here is that Stop and Shop is doing renovations to their store and they have a handful of trailer units sitting right where the new transformer for the supercharger needs to go on the side of the supermarket. I think that there is just no room for any work to take place at this point. There have been a couple of times I've gone over there where between those storage trailers, delivery trucks, etc, I couldn't even drive through that part of the parking lot.

Note- I'm talking on the side of the supermarket, not by the supercharger itself.

Tesla was hoping it would be done by the end of the year, but unless something big happens and fast, I doubt that's going to happen.

Reactions: Cuttin and qman66
Well, a bit of an update. This goes back a couple of weeks but since it didn't make too much of a difference, I didn't post anything.

I was able to get in contact with someone at Tesla who is a project developer for northeast supercharger installations. She was very nice and replied back that this charger should've been done already, but there have been delays that are beyond Tesla's control.

I think the major issue here is that Stop and Shop is doing renovations to their store and they have a handful of trailer units sitting right where the new transformer for the supercharger needs to go on the side of the supermarket. I think that there is just no room for any work to take place at this point. There have been a couple of times I've gone over there where between those storage trailers, delivery trucks, etc, I couldn't even drive through that part of the parking lot.

Note- I'm talking on the side of the supermarket, not by the supercharger itself.

Tesla was hoping it would be done by the end of the year, but unless something big happens and fast, I doubt that's going to happen.
They should just move this Super Charging station to the Target on Forest Av. They have ample space on a huge parking lot. I don't recommend them putting them on the West side of the parking lot as there is a creek right behind it. Ideally against the north fence or south are in pink in the attached screenshots

Attachments

• Tesla SC.png
    Tesla SC.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 78
  • Target SC.png
    Target SC.png
    499.6 KB · Views: 49
Got an email yesterday from my contact at Tesla who is a project manager for northeast superchargers:

They've hit a delay that will push the opening of the Richmond Ave station to sometime in the first or second quarter of 2024. No details as to what that delay is, but it has to be a combination of the renovations that Stop and Shop is doing (they've made it impossible to work by the transformer next to their store) and delays with ConEd. This means the site will have been sitting in its current state for a full year before charging its first car.

Someone truly effed up the planning on this one...and I think it is Stop and Shop and/or ConEd.

Really does suck for those of us who cannot charge at home. A 35-40 charge down in Tottenville is a 80 minute ordeal with traveling back and forth. Jersey Gardens is closer to me, but then there are the tolls.

Got an email yesterday from my contact at Tesla who is a project manager for northeast superchargers:

They've hit a delay that will push the opening of the Richmond Ave station to sometime in the first or second quarter of 2024. No details as to what that delay is, but it has to be a combination of the renovations that Stop and Shop is doing (they've made it impossible to work by the transformer next to their store) and delays with ConEd. This means the site will have been sitting in its current state for a full year before charging its first car.

Someone truly effed up the planning on this one...and I think it is Stop and Shop and/or ConEd.

Really does suck for those of us who cannot charge at home. A 35-40 charge down in Tottenville is a 80 minute ordeal with traveling back and forth. Jersey Gardens is closer to me, but then there are the tolls.
I'm in the same boat. What's the point of having free supercharging for life when I have to put in a bunch of mileage and return with 5-10% charge.

There's only so much you can plan when the landlord (stop and shop) is under no obligation to inform Tesla of its plans for its business. Both parties signed a lease for the part of the parking lot where the chargers are. The transformer is owned by the utility and the land it i on is under easement so unless the utility is ready to install the transformer and complains to the landowner that their equipment is in the way, nothing is going to get done. Assuming the landlord and utility are in contact, the equipment for the remodel isn't in the way of anything if the utility is months out on a transformer.
Long shot but does anyone have any updates on this charger ?
You will have to drive by and check it out.