Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Statesville, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Drucifer Well I'm from Boston and my wife is from Columbus OH so you are probably right Drucifer. But the Army stationed me in Alabama 4 times in 28 years and now I live in South Carolina so I am slowly acquiring an accent and a taste for grits. :) I still would like to see a SC off I 77 north of Charlotte.

The Army saw to it that I also got to spend some time in Alabama as well.
In Cobra 2000_2.jpg

Reactions: vdiv
Yeah, Charlotte/Mecklenburg needs a few more sites to cover the main egress routes, I-77 both north and south being one of them. The current one kind of works on I-85 north, but one is needed by the airport, another on US-74 east that will eventually become an interstate. I am sure the Tesla supercharger team is aware of the need, not quite sure they are aware of its magnitude/ the priority the location should have. A lot of people live in (2.5M+) and come to the Queen City.

My guess is that dumping Statesville makes adding a SC on I-77 in northwest Charlotte close to the intersection with I-485 much more likely.

I think the Charlotte Premium Outlet Mall in SW Charlotte would make more sense, as the current Mallard Creek S/C is in NE Charlotte, primarily serving I-85. Anyone traveling through Charlotte in I-77 is often better off taking I-485 around the west side for traffic avoidance.

Reactions: vdiv and mikes_fsd