Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Statesville, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Off Topic.
Some charger is better than no charger.
Charger are being installed in.
Wilkesboro 4
Elkin 2
Caldwell County 2
Granite Falls 2
Lenoir 1
Mooresville 3

Duke Energy is providing over 200 public chargers in 50 NC Counties.
They are needed, especially for those BEV's with fairly short ranges, but it makes me happy too.

There was a rumor that the Statesville,SC was open, Not true, Passed by today and nothing there.
IMG_0816.JPG
IMG_0814.JPG
IMG_0814.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
@muleferg Thanks for the update. I ended up going to get a CHAdeMO adapter so I can stop at the Nissan Dealership in Hickory. I was really trying to avoid the adapter because I didn't think I would use it a whole lot, but have since realized that there is a Chad charger a couple miles from my house, so I've been using it and it's pretty nice. I will still be much happier when they open this SC. BTW, Nice pics of your MX!

@muleferg Thanks for the update. I ended up going to get a CHAdeMO adapter so I can stop at the Nissan Dealership in Hickory. I was really trying to avoid the adapter because I didn't think I would use it a whole lot, but have since realized that there is a Chad charger a couple miles from my house, so I've been using it and it's pretty nice. I will still be much happier when they open this SC. BTW, Nice pics of your MX!

FYI, there is a free Tesla wall charger located at

TC Corriher Implement Co.
12 S Ashe Ave
Newton, NC 28658

It is off I-40 a little ways but will do in a pinch, and you don't need an adapter. Newton- Conover is locate just east of Hickory.

Attachments

• Conover Charger.jpg
    Conover Charger.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Thanks. Tried to delete the 2nd photo.I grabed the wrong one. I bought ChaDemo for my S when they first came out. I used it 1 time in Hickory just to see how it worked. I don't regret it.Some day it will be payback.

UNLESS... that thing on the trailer is something related, like a ditch witch :) Almost certainly not, but who knows, it could be. There was a guy walking around near the truck out in the field pointing at crap and talking to someone on a cell phone... This is the best pic I could get from the dash cam clip I have. I'll have you know I'm nearly always wrong with these guesses!

2017-01-18_18-39-16.jpg

UNLESS... that thing on the trailer is something related, like a ditch witch :) Almost certainly not, but who knows, it could be. There was a guy walking around near the truck out in the field pointing at crap and talking to someone on a cell phone... This is the best pic I could get from the dash cam clip I have. I'll have you know I'm nearly always wrong with these guesses!

View attachment 211175
I like your positive attitude.