Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Statesville, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe we can arrange a flight at the grand opening. The only problem balloons fly in the early morning and about 2 hours before sunset due to winds. The other option is a tether and give people rides. There is a factory there that builds hot air balloons located close by. My balloon was built there in 1988.

Reactions: mikes_fsd
Has anyone heard an update on the permitting process? I drove by the other day and there is still no signs of any construction happening anytime soon. Is it the city of Statesville slowing things down? Does anyone know how the process works and if there is an office we should all contact to show our support and try to speed up the permitting process?

$_35.JPG

Yeah JR's was cool... been closed for quite a while now though.

Wonder if they'll ever actually build this one...

It make sense, and I actually requested sometime ago Tesla put one in Statesville. Going from Burlington to Asheville is too far in the winter for any Tesla with less than an 85 battery, and I-40 is the major East- West highway for the southern part of the US (Wilmington, NC almost to LA). Just about all that is missing now on 40 is two superchargers in Arkansas - one in Little Rock and the other at Fort Smith on the Okla. border.
In addition, it plugs a big gap on I-77, but Tesla still has a lot of work to do on 77 as you go further north.

It make sense, and I actually requested sometime ago Tesla put one in Statesville. Going from Burlington to Asheville is too far in the winter for any Tesla with less than an 85 battery, and I-40 is the major East- West highway for the southern part of the US (Wilmington, NC almost to LA). Just about all that is missing now on 40 is two superchargers in Arkansas - one in Little Rock and the other at Fort Smith on the Okla. border.
In addition, it plugs a big gap on I-77, but Tesla still has a lot of work to do on 77 as you go further north.

Glad I found this thread after some searching. I live in Apex, NC near Raleigh and am about to pull the trigger on a 60D. I was mapping out my probable road trips I'd use the car for, and noticed this gap between Burlington and Asheville. Dipping down to Charlotte for more electrons would significantly lengthen the trip. So I really hope this gets built, since it will determine whether I ever upgrade the 60D to a 75D.

Glad I found this thread after some searching. I live in Apex, NC near Raleigh and am about to pull the trigger on a 60D. I was mapping out my probable road trips I'd use the car for, and noticed this gap between Burlington and Asheville. Dipping down to Charlotte for more electrons would significantly lengthen the trip. So I really hope this gets built, since it will determine whether I ever upgrade the 60D to a 75D.

If anyone needs the juice to make the jump from Burlington to Asheville or whatever, I have two 80A HPWCs in Hickory ~5 minutes off of I-40. Just give me a heads up when you'll need it and I'll make one available.

And I may soon have a personal supercharger... once I get around to building it. ;)

If anyone needs the juice to make the jump from Burlington to Asheville or whatever, I have two 80A HPWCs in Hickory ~5 minutes off of I-40. Just give me a heads up when you'll need it and I'll make one available.

And I may soon have a personal supercharger... once I get around to building it. ;)

A supercharger in Hickory would be much better than Statesville, IMHO. If you live in Charlotte and are going skiing (Blowing Rock/Boone/Banner Elk) then you go through Hickory and Statesville is out of the way.

Great to hear it. We live in Greensboro and have an S 70. I have to go to Asheville frequently to visit relatives. In the winter, due to cold weather loss and the substantial increase in elevation going to Asheville, making it up there on a single charge is marginal. The charger in Conover is well off the highway and time consuming to get there. Knowing there is a lifeline mid-way is reassuring. How do I get in touch with you?

There's a good ChaDeMo charger in Hickory at the Nissan Dealership, and they're friendly. If you're headed that way, you're welcome to borrow my adapter (I'm in Raleigh).