Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Florida City, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, Paul here. I didn't realize there was a thread on here for this Supercharger. As mentioned above, there are two HPWC at the Sonny's in Greenacres, FL as well. The company I work for owns the Sonny's BBQ in Greenacres and Florida City. We also have Sundowners in Key Largo and Marker 88 in Islamorada, both of which have destination chargers as well. Being a Model X owner, I saw the need for a Supercharger halfway between Plantation and Marathon, so I contacted Tesla and the rest is history. I actually got the idea off of a Supercharger thread on this forum. Also, two of the Sonny's partners are Tesla owners as well and were very enthusiastic about hosting a Supercharger.
Hi Paul,

I know we've had private conversations, but I wanted to thank you again in public for taking the initiative in approaching Tesla on this Supercharger Station as well as the other Destination Charging locations.

As I mentioned I am in the process of researching a possible club trip to the Keys and we will certainly arrange to have a club meet-up at Sonny's.

If you and the other Sonny's partners are interested, we would love it if you would join our statewide Tesla club. To learn more about our club and to join, just click on the link to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts in my signature.

Larry

Reactions: jrreno
Hi Paul, Thanks for all the updates on the new superchargers at Sonny's in Florida City. Just wondering if they are operational yet? I've been chatting with Larry about setting a group event to Sonny's for lunch! Yum!

Not as of Sunday 5/7. They looked completely ready though, but the Sonny's itself had quite a bit of construction going on (restaurant was still open).

• Helpful
Reactions: MMC-
If anyone goes by Sonny's please check to see if the pole shown in posting #19 now has cable running down from it to a pad-mounted transformer (big green box).

Thanks.

Larry
We stopped there late yesterday 5/8 on the way back up from Key West, plugged in and it's still not up and running. Wife took a picture of our car plugged in there so I'll check to see if l can see the cable in her picture.

We stopped there late yesterday 5/8 on the way back up from Key West, plugged in and it's still not up and running. Wife took a picture of our car plugged in there so I'll check to see if l can see the cable in her picture.
Thanks.

If you are interested in joining a Florida Tesla club, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry

Hi Paul
Was there this past weekend, everything looked done but when I plugged in nothing. Still looks great. I see the restaurant is being remodeled.. Please be sure they keep the outside tables, we like to stop there on our trips to the Keys and we bring our doggies with us. like to sit outside with them and may take advantage of the charging.
Best regards
Mark Levin

Hi Paul
Was there this past weekend, everything looked done but when I plugged in nothing. Still looks great. I see the restaurant is being remodeled.. Please be sure they keep the outside tables, we like to stop there on our trips to the Keys and we bring our doggies with us. like to sit outside with them and may take advantage of the charging.
Best regards
Mark Levin
Hi Mark,

Do you recall seeing the utility transformer nearby the installation? Please refer to my posting #28.

Thanks.

Larry

Still no word on FPL?

The Supercharger is operational, however it's not officially open yet as there has been no announcement and it's not on navigation yet. I charged there a couple of days ago and it's working fine. I wouldn't factor it into any travel plans just yet, in case they take it offline for some reason.

The Supercharger is operational, however it's not officially open yet as there has been no announcement and it's not on navigation yet. I charged there a couple of days ago and it's working fine. I wouldn't factor it into any travel plans just yet, in case they take it offline for some reason.

Wish I had known this yesterday- I had taken visitors down to Dolphin Mall (WHAT a zoo) from Palm Beach, and had about 80 miles of range left. I called Tesla service to ask whether the Florida City SC was online, and they said no. Instead of being able to go to Robert is Here and Knaus Berry Farm, we had to head back to Plantation to juice up. Can't wait for more SCs to hit the scene!

Wish I had known this yesterday- I had taken visitors down to Dolphin Mall (WHAT a zoo) from Palm Beach, and had about 80 miles of range left. I called Tesla service to ask whether the Florida City SC was online, and they said no. Instead of being able to go to Robert is Here and Knaus Berry Farm, we had to head back to Plantation to juice up. Can't wait for more SCs to hit the scene!

Just an FYI, Knaus is closed for the season.

Hi Paul
Best regards
Mark Levin

No worries Mark, the outside seating will be there.