Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Naples, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the way those stalls are setup, does that make it anymore difficult to reach the vehicle to charge?
You are correct. The pedestals appear to be centered between the parking lines. That will make it difficult to reach the charge port with the short SC cords. Hopefully they will shift the parking lines to correct this.
Mike
Thanks Guys, I now see your point.

I have contacted the appropriate project manager at Tesla to convey this concern in the event they are unaware of the situation.

Larry
I received a response from the Tesla project manager.

He reports: "When Naples is complete the stripes will be relocated."

Larry

Reactions: alseTrick
Our club is in the process of planning an event in Naples. We may do it at a restaurant near the new store. However, if the Supercharger becomes operational soon we may consider an event nearby the Supercharger.

Could someone who lives nearby this Supercharger please post some current photos. In particular we are interested to see if a utility power transformer has been set nearby the installation. Review of public permits are telling us that Electric Rough in has been approved, but the installation is not ready for inspection of Permanent Electric Power.

Thanks.

Larry

Reactions: RichardC and jrreno
stopped by here the other day as I needed a charge to head back up state, tesla nav showed it as available but when I found it it was not open with workers still there. Did not take photos as I had unhappy kids in the car and left to hit the ft myers charger. It apeared done though, workers stated still waiting on permits to open it up.

IMG_4221.JPG
The stripes have been moved
IMG_4219.JPG

The transformer is on site. The meter is not installed. Waiting for permits and minor work to be completed.

I spoke to one of the workers yesterday and he said the new Naples SC would be opened next week. I also went by the Tesla store in Naples at the the Waterside Shops. I asked about the chargers in front of the store. The salesperson said they were only available for their demo vehicles.

I'm posting from the Supercharger site. Talked to the men working. They don't know how long before it is finished. The meter is installed but FPL still have to hook up the power. Small things are currently being completed.

No photo. The site looks exactly as it did.

• Informative
Reactions: jbcarioca
I stopped by there yesterday as well. The staff at the Naples sales center told me it was opened on Monday, they are wrong. I too spoke to an electrician working at the SC site. He said it's about 2 weeks away, they still don't have power and he was still doing some wiring.

We were thinking about coming down for Cars on Fifth in a few week and hoping this supercharger was going to be ready guess we will need to use Ft Myers on the way back if we decide to go. Anyone else planning on going for the show?

I stopped by there yesterday as well. The staff at the Naples sales center told me it was opened on Monday, they are wrong. I too spoke to an electrician working at the SC site. He said it's about 2 weeks away, they still don't have power and he was still doing some wiring.
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the information.

In checking the public records the installation was inspected on January 23rd and approved for Permanent Power. A note from the inspector reads, "EC (Electrical Contractor) to label breakers prior to FPL energizing"

By the way, if you are interested in joining our Florida Tesla club, please click on the link to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts in my signature.

Larry