Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger stations in Georgia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's actually been operational for about a week now. Sorry, we've been discussing the progress in another thread - http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...arger-Macon-GA?p=653419&viewfull=1#post653419

now that Macon has been blessed by Tesla I can feel better about it actually being up. When I called customer service about it two days ago, they confirmed they were still having issues and only two of the Supercgargers were up. Looks like they figured out the problem. Couldn't travel that far on the "hope" that they would be working. I assumed Macon is still in Georgia, thus the post... sorry I interrupted your train of thought.

Looking at the "Coming Soon" map, it looks like a Supercharger is going in at Tifton, GA. Any local scouts or sleuths see or heard of anything there?

Yup, just today we found out where it's going. We have a local Tesla owner who will be giving us updates nearly daily. See latest info here:

Supercharger - Tifton, GA

Well, almost latest. The owner will likely post to the local Facebook group, but airj1012 is good about copying status across.

FYI, Tifton construction is suddenly moving rapidly forward. See the thread above for latest status.

Another Tesla owner received an email from someone who works with supercharger development in the SE US who said that the I-81 corridor is on his agenda for 2015. Hopefully they will plan a couple of SCs along I-81 next year and have them working sometime in 2016. Makes sense to put one somewhere around the I-81/I-77 intersection to allow drivers on both roads to use them (130 miles to Charlotte, 190 miles to Knoxville) and another one near Staunton, VA for both I-81 and I-64 drivers (145 miles from the proposed SW VA I-81 SC and 140 miles from Hagerstown MD SC). Hopefully they will get to work on this next year; would certainly help my travels from Roanoke. Getting my P85D around Christmas.

Another Tesla owner received an email from someone who works with supercharger development in the SE US who said that the I-81 corridor is on his agenda for 2015. Hopefully they will plan a couple of SCs along I-81 next year and have them working sometime in 2016. Makes sense to put one somewhere around the I-81/I-77 intersection to allow drivers on both roads to use them (130 miles to Charlotte, 190 miles to Knoxville) and another one near Staunton, VA for both I-81 and I-64 drivers (145 miles from the proposed SW VA I-81 SC and 140 miles from Hagerstown MD SC). Hopefully they will get to work on this next year; would certainly help my travels from Roanoke. Getting my P85D around Christmas.

Amen to that corridor being added. :)